Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys!

So turns out the firmware update for the Nav system in the 08s which allows you to not only view music categories while driving, but also enter destinations while driving ALSO adds Caller ID to incomming onstar calls.

To get Caller ID working on the bat phone (Onstar), bring the vehicle in to the dealership and ask to get the Nav firmware updated!

Can someone please confirm this for me? I was pleasently surprised when I received my first phone call after getting this updated.

So far I've only seen phone numbers but most of the people calling me were using cell phones, can someone try from a landline?

·
Registered
10 ESV Plat;10 ESV Lux; 08 Suburban LTZ; 08 ESV-sold
39 Posts
Just curious which firmware update? A few months ago, I had a firmware update that allowed me to see all the music categories.... but I dont think it did anything regarding entering destinations while driving.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
Alright guys!

So turns out the firmware update for the Nav system in the 08s which allows you to not only view music categories while driving, but also enter destinations while driving ALSO adds Caller ID to incomming onstar calls.

To get Caller ID working on the bat phone (Onstar), bring the vehicle in to the dealership and ask to get the Nav firmware updated!

Can someone please confirm this for me? I was pleasently surprised when I received my first phone call after getting this updated.

So far I've only seen phone numbers but most of the people calling me were using cell phones, can someone try from a landline?
This must have just come out. Ill have to check with my dealer on monday. So the Nav screen has the Caller ID too? Right now the CID is only displayed on my DIC.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This must have just come out. Ill have to check with my dealer on monday. So the Nav screen has the Caller ID too? Right now the CID is only displayed on my DIC.
I think I know what your asking but I'm not sure...

Back in the day I had NO caller ID...

Recently got a firmware update on the NAV system. I received a phone call afterwards and on the NAV display, it changed from the map I was viewing to the "Onstar Incomming Call" and displayed the phone number of the person that was calling me in big numbers. And I had the usual Accept or Decline buttons on the screen.

As for the little screen on the steering wheel, it never showed the caller ID before, but I didn't look at it, when I recieved the call I was focused on the NAV display.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
I think I know what your asking but I'm not sure...

Back in the day I had NO caller ID...

Recently got a firmware update on the NAV system. I received a phone call afterwards and on the NAV display, it changed from the map I was viewing to the "Onstar Incomming Call" and displayed the phone number of the person that was calling me in big numbers. And I had the usual Accept or Decline buttons on the screen.

As for the little screen on the steering wheel, it never showed the caller ID before, but I didn't look at it, when I recieved the call I was focused on the NAV display.
You know what, I was thinking when I got a call through my cell phone via bluetooth it shows up on the DIC, but not on the NAV screen. I never got a call through my onstar number yet. hmmm..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts