Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they also suggested servicing the AWD at the same time....this thing does not have a transfer case so whats to service? probably no U joints but CV joints so what would they do?

Thanks ...

Steve

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,651 Posts
Subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com. It's the online GM/Cadillac/Helm service manuals plus a lot more. Every procedure and diagnostic is covered, with all fluid specs and capacities, torques - everything for the entire car.

The paper manuals in www.helminc.com are $300. Alldata is about 1/10 of that.

MAYBE a used set of the paper manuals on eBay. Probably $50 - $150.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,651 Posts
The OP has a 2011 SRX. Look in the Alldata listings for "Cadillac Truck". Your 2012 is there also.

When all else fails, read the instructions.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
107 Posts
Is alldata better than a factory shop manual? Just wondering because I believe have seen digital copies on ebay for like 10 bucks. Think I'm going to spring for one, but have been dragging my feet hoping to find one for free online like I did with some of my other cars.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well did the engine oil today...... just like any other car, tomorrow the transmission fluid gets changed. Next on the list will be the transfer case which apparently needs 1 qt of some mystery fluid, i have the GM part number so i will go to the dealer to get it.

just gotta figure out how to get rid of the transmission fluid - our local landfill accepts motor oil but not tranny fluid

·
Registered
2011 SRX4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the transmission fluid change was very easy....pulled the drain plug about 5 quarts came out ( pretty black) added oil, drove around the block a few times and drained and refilled again. thge next oil change i will repeat the procedure till its a nice red color...i would imaging the case and torque converter hold a goo 12 quarts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts