Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
CTS Coupe
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a caliper paint/decal job on my CTS coupe 3.6. Body of the car is black...so I painted the calipers black and had some metallic silver decals made to match the rims (they look a little more silver metal in real life vs. the photos). Much thanks to GTA decal (google it) as they provided extra decals at no extra charge and did a phenomenal job after another company said the Cadillac script was too fine to transfer to the size I wanted - a bit more understated than the bold versions I have seen. Install very simple...waited a week and half after painting to make sure I didn't lift any off when peeling the decal backing off. Cleaned the calipers with some Alcohol cleaning wipes. Applied the decal. Then cleared over the decals with a brush on touch-up clear coat. Might do a second clear coat after a few days.

On a side note I also painted my rotor hats aka rotor hubs, etc. I painted these sliver matching the wheels so it looks like one continues piece...I did this because, as most of you probably know, these rotor hats are exposed metal that seems to attract rust like no other car I have had before...paint them...it is the only cure.

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Steven_Stoeckle/media/IMG_0174_zpss9dwi54z.jpg.html][/URL]

----------

BTW, yes I have a 3.6 with V wheels...because they are awesome!

·
Registered
CTS Coupe
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D VADER said:
Did you also put the Cadillac decal on the rear rotor as its much smaller.
yep. It's in one of the photos. It's a smaller decal than the front. Also, love your work with the emperor but he really is using you...you'll come around I just know it.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D VADER said:
In the past I got my logo decals at "E Decals" Where did you get yours?
GTA decals - Google it. Think it's just GTA decals .com. Great guy who sent me extra for free as my install confidence perfection was low.

·
Registered
2013 CTS Sport Wagon
71 Posts
GTA decals - Google it. Think it's just GTA decals .com. Great guy who sent me extra for free as my install confidence perfection was low.
I placed my order for a set of metallic silver decals. Thanks for you help. :)

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Thanks sto23, looks like the caliper paint job turned out great. Smart move by letting the paint cure before applying the decals. Clear coating is going to help keep those clean and stuck where they should be. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts