Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Cadillac STS
when I use the brakes, the front calipers take a while to release. I replaced all four calipers, rotors, pads master cylinder and dot 3 brake fluid because of this issue. It is not as bad now but still have the issue. could it be an ABS sensor? Control module for ABS? Hope someone has heard of this and knows the solution.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
This does not sound like a wheel speed/ABS sensor or the ABS controller.

Did you replace the brake hoses from the steel line to the caliper? This can certainly be a possible cause. Here's a link to a couple of videos by Raybestos that addresses this. They have been making brake parts since (I believe) 1927 so they are not new to this.

Keep in mind that if at any point in the past a technician let the caliper hang by the brake hose or somehow caused other damage, there may be a restriction. Since you've replaced most everything else, I'd be considering replacement hoses (not that I'm saying it is the definitive solution).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Did you replace the brake hoses from the steel line to the caliper? This can certainly be a possible cause. Here's a link to a couple of videos by Raybestos that addresses this. They have been making brake parts since (I believe) 1927 so they are not new to this.

Keep in mind that if at any point in the past a technician let the caliper hang by the brake hose or somehow caused other damage, there may be a restriction. Since you've replaced most everything else, I'd be considering replacement hoses (not that I'm saying it is the definitive solution).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am back , I now have no brake problems at all. I replaced both front brake hoses and bled the system. It works perfectly.
My STS4 now has over 202,000 miles and still looks and drives like new. Thank you ddalder for your input, extremely helpful. I didn't want to believe it could be the hoses but it was. Many thanks.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
I am back , I now have no brake problems at all. I replaced both front brake hoses and bled the system. It works perfectly.
My STS4 now has over 202,000 miles and still looks and drives like new. Thank you ddalder for your input, extremely helpful. I didn't want to believe it could be the hoses but it was. Many thanks.
You're welcome. Glad everything worked out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts