Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my calipers a black w/ gloss or balck with a couple coats of clear to shine it up. Does anybody know wher to start looking for possible paint options w/ decent prices??:worship:

·
Registered
'04 3.6L Cadillac CTS
39 Posts
Just go to you local auto part store and pick up some engine paint in gloss finish. Comes in spray can form and cost roughly $8 a can. Depending what auto part store you go to. Also, most places have dupli-color and some have krylon.

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
no need. Just get the Dupli caliper paint kit. You don't need any gloss and the product is meant for the calipers. the cost is $30.

Attachments

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
no need. Just get the Dupli caliper paint kit. You don't need any gloss and the product is meant for the calipers. the cost is $30.
For $30 you can get the good stuff. A 2-part epoxy G2 caliper paint. You may wanna think about VHT vinyl caliper decals too. I used Brembo who makes the brakes for the Caddy. I wouldn't use a bright bling color that takes away the look from your wheels. I went with gloss black and silver decals.

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
For $30 you can get the good stuff. A 2-part epoxy G2 caliper paint. You may wanna think about VHT vinyl caliper decals too. I used Brembo who makes the brakes for the Caddy. I wouldn't use a bright bling color that takes away the look from your wheels. I went with gloss black and silver decals.
I thought you sold your CTS??? Are you just bored? Other people here with a CTS have valid opinions and maybe your input isn't needed so much by those that don't ask for it specifically

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Silver Smoke
173 Posts
I thought you sold your CTS??? Are you just bored? Other people here with a CTS have valid opinions and maybe your input isn't needed so much by those that don't ask for it specifically

:pop2:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
ooo ouch that came out kind harsh :tisk:...rob is the postmaster and has helped countless people:worship::worship::worship:.....

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS
167 Posts
I have to agree with Robert .I used G2 black and it worked awsome. I ended buying two kits because I thought I might run out. However buy just one , itwas enough to do all four calibers twice over with some to spare.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
I used dupli color or whatever it's called. Just put the car on jack stands, took off the wheels, taped up some parts I didn't want to get the paint and went to town. They came out very well and very glossy black. The kit cost about 30 bucks. Only thing I would say is to wear gloves! It took me days to get all the paint off my hands lol. I'm still waiting on my decals to get here. Black calipers with a white "CTS" sticker. They should look great and even better once I get the UUC rotors on!

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
i thought brembo only made brakes for the cts v and sts v

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
and others are quite capable as well
Fred,
You have a very poor attitude and won't be well liked here I'm sure. This is a friendly community. I may no longer have my CTS but I'm still a valid paying Supporting Member and have been much longer than you have. I know far more about the CTS than you do and still have much to contribute.

I have opinions and so far they have been well received by the community. Look at my Rep points as a testimony to that fact. So go soak your head in the toilet until you become a better man.

Bob

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Fred,
You have a very poor attitude and won't be well liked here I'm sure. This is a friendly community. I may no longer have my CTS but I'm still a valid paying Supporting Member and have been much longer than you have. I know far more about the CTS than you do and still have much to contribute.

I have opinions and so far they have been well received by the community. Look at my Rep points as a testimony to that fact. So go soak your head in the toilet until you become a better man.

Bob
you musta rubbed him the wrong way in a topic about 20s lol, you can be an anal old bastard:vulcan:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
you musta rubbed him the wrong way in a topic about 20s lol, you can be an anal old bastard:vulcan:
Tommy,
I think most of the regulars know 20s and V Grills are my game. It would disappoint the fans if I didn't say something:) Anal!!?? Nope I'm a perfect as$h0le.:D But I'm not a mean as$h0le like some. I luv U guys. That's why its so hard to leave.

Over in the H3 Forum I'm a novice and everyone is teaching me all the tricks. For the most part they are really helpful. But it doesn't have near the spirit as this Forum.

Bob

I would think everyone would know expoxy is much better than rattle can spray paint!:stirpot:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts