Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weekend warm weather finally arrived here in Northern Virginia and got chance to install my Christmas gift caliper covers, matched to the my car color. Very easy install and cleans up look of the wheels.

frontwheel.jpg backwheel.jpg

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Looks good. For the time being I painted my calipers red to match. I may end up doing something like this eventually.

Shakey

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, after seeing the pictures though, I need to go back and redress the tires and polish my wheels.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red and Black are standard colors, you can also get them custom colored to the exact color of your car as well as other customizations. I got mine from carID.com. I originally went in, put them in My Cart and then didn't complete the order, did set up an account online. Next day I got an email saying I didn't complete my order with a number to call, I called and told the guy I was thinking about it and he offered $20 off on the spot. Custom color wound up costing me the same as a standard color order. Just make sure you specify the correct brakes, JE5 (standard) or J55 (heavy duty).

·
Registered
08 CTS
94 Posts
Red and Black are standard colors, you can also get them custom colored to the exact color of your car as well as other customizations. I got mine from carID.com. I originally went in, put them in My Cart and then didn't complete the order, did set up an account online. Next day I got an email saying I didn't complete my order with a number to call, I called and told the guy I was thinking about it and he offered $20 off on the spot. Custom color wound up costing me the same as a standard color order. Just make sure you specify the correct brakes, JE5 (standard) or J55 (heavy duty).
very helpful, thank you for the reply!

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
Weekend warm weather finally arrived here in Northern Virginia and got chance to install my Christmas gift caliper covers, matched to the my car color. Very easy install and cleans up look of the wheels.

View attachment 296313 View attachment 296321
Very nice!

Are they quality/sturdy...?

Easy to put on?

Any problems putting them on? Did you need any type of spacers for the rims in order for the caliper covers to fit...?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2014 Premium Coupe with the Performance package so I have the J55 brakes. That being said, the install was extremely simple and fit like a glove. It was more work and effort jacking up the car and removing/installing the wheels than the caliper covers. They are made of aluminum so flex a bit and are sturdy once installed. Just needed to be centered on the caliper and a clip inserted on each side, then tighten the nut on the clip. A spacer strip was provided to check clearance from the rotor, but that was not an issue on any of the covers I installed. Fit perfectly out of the box.

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
I have a 2014 Premium Coupe with the Performance package so I have the J55 brakes. That being said, the install was extremely simple and fit like a glove. It was more work and effort jacking up the car and removing/installing the wheels than the caliper covers. They are made of aluminum so flex a bit and are sturdy once installed. Just needed to be centered on the caliper and a clip inserted on each side, then tighten the nut on the clip. A spacer strip was provided to check clearance from the rotor, but that was not an issue on any of the covers I installed. Fit perfectly out of the box.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 1SB DI 3.6L AWD CTS
88 Posts
So they will fit the J55 brakes.

I thought I read on here someone was having trouble getting them to fit.

My stock rotors look terrible so a black set might be solution.

Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, but you have to specify and select the correct set for J55, they make them for both JE5 and J55.

·
Registered
1965 Fleetwood Brougham, 2011 CTS AWD Coupe
42 Posts
I was considering these but when I looked at reviews outside the manufacturer site, all I could find were people saying they felt ripped off, because they were thin metal, didn't cover the whole caliper, and some folks said they squeaked after they installed them. Then others joined in and said they were dangerous, because contrary to what the company says about the aluminum helping them cool your brakes, it's not good to put them on because of brake fade. I also saw people saying the color was affected after a few months of cleaning your wheels. Sorry to savage the product if it's a good one, but I'm hoping now that this thread is older you can tell me all those people are idiots, and so am I for listening to them!

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
478 Posts
I have had the MGP Caliper Covers installed for 3 and 1/2 years with no issues. The paint is still good and shiny. No squeaks or rattles and I don't feel any issues with brake fade.
I bought them directly from Www.calipercovers.com

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ditto the response from cawengr, been on since April (6 months) and no issues whatsoever. Look great and no performance issues at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts