Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a green-pea V owner (two weeks), I have already come to HATE the CAGS setup on the car, so I took a look at the Stealth Eliminator and wondered if anyone could answer this:
It appears the Stealth Eliminator simply extends the wiring harness by plugging into the stock wiring harness, so how does this eliminate the CAGS system? I mean, there's two wires connecting the original harness and two wires in the Stealth unit, so how does that bypass the system?

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Yes, it appears that it is simply a pass-through connector but infact is not.

A couple of benefits of the unique design is the stealthy installation for that pesky service department and makes it the easiest to install.

Simply unplug the factory harness and plug the !CAGS in between. There is no need for securing the harness or installing plugs like others require.

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, that's what I love about this site, you guys don't waste any time at all!
Thanks for the info, and now that I know what it's about I'll have to get one ordered up.
Green-pea, as in newbie, not as in Green-V. My V is Black on Black, so no green to be found save for the envious faces of those I'm passing.

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rick (and Urbanski),

Thanks for the insight. As soon as I get back from my biz trip I'll get one ordered up.

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I began this thread I would assume it's OK to hijack it:
If I'm logged in, how come I can't IM someone?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
You need more posts (30?) to become a full member and have PM ability.

·
Registered
CTS-V
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks to one and all.
Does purchasing from advertisers count as a "supporter" or is there a separate membership fee associated?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey, all of you new guys take a look at the stealth tune:worship: It not only makes your car drive better, it gets rid of the CAGS:bouncy:

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
I find it funny that the mechanic (and he is good) didnt see the stealthV !CAGS on my tranny when he had it removed from the car because it blended right in (magic beans!).... I had to point it out to him...

If you use the other methods (or other vendors), its definitly noticable...

Reed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts