Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a CAGS kit from MA Motorworks, whose rep thought would work on my V. Turns out that's not the case.. Anyone done this successfully on a 2006 V? Where did you connect it, at the solenoid or at the harness like StealthV's setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yikes!

Do what a lot of us have done and get the car good and tuned. Your stock tune is incredibly rich, so not only will a good Dyno tune pick you up some power, but your tuner can shut off the CAGS without any physical mods like the toasty one in your picture.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
I just pulled mine off. Got it on ebay for $27 2 or 3 months ago. Works fine 2 piece, 1 piece goes in the harnes and 1 piece plugs into the trans. I will sell it to you for $17 shipped if you want it. I took it off case I bought one of those tuners and removed it in the computer.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well shit it doesn't look like the kit's necessary at all for the 2006.. I unplugged the harness and just left it hanging. I've been driving around for 20 minutes kicking off the skip shift but it isn't kicking in nor is it throwing a CEL. I'm just going to put a cap on the harness and leave it like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.