Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a CAGS kit from MA Motorworks, whose rep thought would work on my V. Turns out that's not the case.. Anyone done this successfully on a 2006 V? Where did you connect it, at the solenoid or at the harness like StealthV's setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yikes!

Do what a lot of us have done and get the car good and tuned. Your stock tune is incredibly rich, so not only will a good Dyno tune pick you up some power, but your tuner can shut off the CAGS without any physical mods like the toasty one in your picture.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
I just pulled mine off. Got it on ebay for $27 2 or 3 months ago. Works fine 2 piece, 1 piece goes in the harnes and 1 piece plugs into the trans. I will sell it to you for $17 shipped if you want it. I took it off case I bought one of those tuners and removed it in the computer.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well shit it doesn't look like the kit's necessary at all for the 2006.. I unplugged the harness and just left it hanging. I've been driving around for 20 minutes kicking off the skip shift but it isn't kicking in nor is it throwing a CEL. I'm just going to put a cap on the harness and leave it like that.

·
Registered
Cadillac
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch that, the CEL came on later. I'll put in one of the Radio Shack resistors on the solenoid and just hope that the resistor that came with my kit was bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts