Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'13ctsvcp, '14911turboS, '11tdiwagon, '10S1000RR,'13YCCgripper, '19rsv4rf
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just announced this past Monday my record for fastest motorcycle ride across America coast to coast from San Diego beach to Jax beach in 33:10 beating last record set in '08 by 3 hours. Announced it on TV, here's the interview link. 'AXE' THE AUTHOR OF BOUNCING OFF GUARDRAILS being the literary guy i am, wrote a book called "No Limits - No Regrets", sequel to BoG of course, and covers the record breaking ride.

TRAILER
Axe doesn’t suffer from his addiction. He relishes in it. After open heart surgery at a young age tested his metal, everyday challenges just aren’t enough. The bottle may be back on the shelf, but addicts never recover. They just trade one habit for another.

The former whiskey fiend has matured to a normal life with his girlfriend, Sunshine, in Texas. She knows as well as he does that no matter how happy Axe might be, he’ll always have demons inside to battle. He distracts himself by building the most exotic chopper of his career. Though the ridiculous amount of chrome and sparkling paint are gorgeous, the chopper becomes a machine of torture as he rides it to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. He also trades in the old Goat for its newer, younger cousin, the Cadillaxe. After equipping the triple black beauty with mirror mounted radar detection, a thermal vision camera, and custom machined and chromed axe badges, he takes a test run to Colorado and back. Neither of these vehicles and neither of these trips are enough to satisfy his need for a serious fix. Finally, the idea of riding his BMW S1000RR motorcycle from the Pacific to the Atlantic enters his twisted mind like a sniff before a fifth.

Axe prepares for months by modifying the BMW, researching the latest gadgetry, and training. There’s only so much homework and preparation you can do to prepare for riding a motorcycle across the country in one shot. Eventually balls take over where brains leave off. It’s no task for the weak or sensible. Through determined masochism, our leather clad biker breaks the record for fastest motorcycle ride across America.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just set cruise on 72.6 mph and let 'er buck ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya but, how long was the return trip?
nix. bike and i shipped to CA, drove to FL and shipped back to TX. was a long time before i even sat on it again!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Even when I was 25, attempting that on one of my '64 Bonnevilles would have been pure physical torture.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even when I was 25, attempting that on one of my '64 Bonnevilles would have been pure physical torture.
torture's putting it mildly. at least in a car you have some seating options. pretty brutal.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm betting Sub was meaning Triumph rather that Pontiac
guessing so too ;) not going to be many of us around soon that remember either of those let alone both.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Never had a Bonneville car. Ran 2 Triumph Bonnevilles - '64 models - one was a road machine, the other modified for New England dirt track scrambles. My first machine was an AJS Matchless 500 single.

Heh, heh - at least I said "on a Bonneville", not in one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never had a Bonneville car. Ran 2 Triumph Bonnevilles - '64 models - one was a road machine, the other modified for New England dirt track scrambles. My first machine was an AJS Matchless 500 single.

Heh, heh - at least I said "on a Bonneville", not in one.
had a guy years ago trying to trade me what i think was a bonneville, but might have been a tiger. i was trying to get his sporty instead, no dice.

only bonneville car i was ever exposed to was transporting a buddy's mom's 90 miles for her to her ex hub's. governor kept cutting me out at 107 mph. had a donut spare on, so probably for the best.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ride specs

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here's pic of thermal vision system on bike. had one in the CTS-V first, then put one on the bike. designed the brackets and had them 3dprinted. mirror holds cam mount in place and one under the screen. obviously this forces you to look down at screen and not up at road, so really have to trust it. need to get a shorter cable made.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Ever consider something like the old Google Glass to put it more line of sight?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ever consider something like the old Google Glass to put it more line of sight?
i did and looked into it, but was still in early stages, then found out the price, then saw someone get fined for using it while driving in CA if i remember right. i also was in correspondence with Skully helmets, told them the due date, and they just couldn't get it developed in time for what i needed, so did what i could with what i had.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts