Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bring back the racing team

  • Yes

    Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

    Votes: 1 6.7%
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1995 FTS
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
So because it said at the beginnning that it was from a real Nissan owner that I was supposed to know that this was Dave with the Z? :confused:
 

·
Registered
just one
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
So because it said at the beginnning that it was from a real Nissan owner that I was supposed to know that this was Dave with the Z? :confused:
Maybe dave should've been more clear with you.

This has been thoroughly enjoyable. Great stuff for entertainment.

Props on your quarter mile, stop hating on cadillacs constantly and we can all be friends.

It's check out time tonight, BOSTON RED SOX TONIGHT PEOPLE...GAME 7...ATHENS VS SPARTA...DAVID VS. GOLIATH... IT'S ON BABY!!

buh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Maybe dave should've been more clear with you.

This has been thoroughly enjoyable. Great stuff for entertainment.

Props on your quarter mile, stop hating on cadillacs constantly and we can all be friends.

It's check out time tonight, BOSTON RED SOX TONIGHT PEOPLE...GAME 7...ATHENS VS SPARTA...DAVID VS. GOLIATH... IT'S ON BABY!!

buh!
ahhhhhh,,,,,,,
ok guys now hug :D
 

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
"Would it surprise you to know that Nissans and Datsuns hold a manufacturers record of over 80 SCCA racing titles?"
Not at all. The 510 and 240Z were pretty cool in thier day. But most manufacurers don't participate in 'club' racing but 'professional'.

BlackoutSpecV said:
"That they have not only competed at Le Mans, but they have won it."
That's a half truth. They won their class, but they have NEVER won Le Mans overall. And winning overall is what it's all about. Or they wouldn't have tried a few times before their bankruptcy.

BlackoutSpecV said:
"That they won Daytona not just 4 times, but 4 years in a row?"
Geoff Brabham was pretty cool to watch in those days. But when the Dan Gurney Toyota Eagles came to town, Nissan ran and hid like they usually do when the competition gets fierce.

BlackoutSpecV said:
So yeah Nissan does suck :rolleyes:
What the world motorsports community cares about is Formula One, Le Mans, and the Indy 500 (though this is weak in its esteem right now). Nissan hasn't one any of them. They've tied 2 out of the 3, so it was important enough for them to try. I give them credit for trying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
no way never.
Good call on that you don't want any rice to rub off on you. You might make your caddy look like a f'ed up tiger :histeric: :histeric:
 

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well if Nissan sux because it couldn't win the IRL then GM must really suck since its never one Le Mans :rolleyes:
HotRodSaint said:
But GM sucks at racing, they always have. Other than NASCAR, they don't have a good racing history.
No argument from me. I already said GM sucks at racing. I won't defend a pathetic loser just because I own one. You shouldn't either. ;)
 

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
Katshot said:
IMO, Cadillac should forget LeMans for good. They never raced it as they elluded to until this recent mess with the LMP car. As for learning anything from LeMans, they learned it was a helluva lot harder than they thought! ;)
The CTSv is probably the best shot Cadillac has at racing and they PROBABLY could be competitive. Should they? I'd vote yes.
Minor clarification. Briggs Cunningham entered 2 Cadillacs in the 1953 Le Mans. A stock bodied coupe and an ugly Cadillac powered car. He did well, I think he ran 3rd until mechanical failure.

But Cadillac didn't officially go until the LMP attempt. Good idea, poor execution. But thats GMs racing history, good idea, poor execution.
 

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
Joined
·
14,607 Posts
chevy was rather sucessful at indy , unforetuanly for them the motor came from illmor , and now there is this cosworth buisness , the only reason i dont get mad about a chevy baged cosworth is the old coswort vega , took 30 years to bring a vega racecar to indy .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Minor clarification. Briggs Cunningham entered 2 Cadillacs in the 1953 Le Mans. A stock bodied coupe and an ugly Cadillac powered car. He did well, I think he ran 3rd until mechanical failure.

But Cadillac didn't officially go until the LMP attempt. Good idea, poor execution. But thats GMs racing history, good idea, poor execution.
That's what I was talking about. Cadillac "elludes" to having raced at LeMans but that is REALLY stretching the truth.
The truth is that Cunningham tried very hard to convince the OEM to get involved but was blown-off several times. Finally, he decided to go it alone BUT.....
Did you know that there WAS "unofficial" Cadillac support? That's right, some Cadillac engineers did in fact help Cunningham and that's what really gave him the ability to get as far as he did. Those were the days when you still had some "car guys" at the factory that didn't mind "bending" some rules.
 

·
Registered
Unicycle
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well I can now officially say that you have to be one of the biggest moron's I have ever met. Well tell your "buddy" congrats, his $30k car can beat my $18k car. WOW! Tell him to go and race a SRT-4 which is $19k and ask him who is laughing at the end of that race. And I know a lot of Z owners with all the Nissan forum's I got too. Tell him to go to a dyno and hook it up and see what his $30k+ got him. I've seen Z owners all sorts of PO'd because their car is only dyno'ing between 210-230 not the 270 hp that they claim. Ask him if he has even gone to the track yet and what his best ET is. Most likely he is in the 14's. Which means he spent dam near 2x the money on his car to get a whopping 1 second faster in the 1/4. A guy on our Spec V forum has spent $2400 in mod's on his car and is running 14.1's on street tires and 13.8's on slick's. But now the turbo's have been coming out for our cars and my buddies car was the test car for one of the companies turbo kits and his car went from 175 hp to 273 hp. Not bad for a kit that costs $4000. But here's a link to my website where you can check out my timeslip for my 15.1 run.
http://members.cardomain.com/specvisfast So congrats on spending sooooooo much money on your race car Caddy. Because I'll still smoke your ass :nyanya: But once again your "Buddy" I guess doesn't know what the concept of money is. Because if you want a Skyline you need to go here www.motorex.net and the last time they had a R34 GT-R V Spec II there it was on sale for $98,000. So tell him to do some more research before running his mouth. What's next he's going to say to get a Nissan Stagea or a Silvia? :histeric: So here it is for you plain in simple.....

$18k for Spec V
*if you bought your Caddy brand new* $30k+

Spec V = 15.196
Caddy = 15.38x
so to me that means.......

OWNAGE!!!!!
And you can buy a Buick Grand National in mint shape for less then $10k and STOCK that'll run 13's all day, then bring you to work the next day....what's your point?

I know one thing, weather your car is faster then mine or not, I will get a hell of alot more respect/acknowladgement (sp, it's late) driving my "old" Cadillac then you will in your Sentra...becuase no matter how you look at it, the Sentra is Nissan's bottom of the line car, so even if you make it fast, it is still very budgety in craftmasnship and quality.

But I get a stock GN, even one a little beat up and stuff, spend half of what you spent on your car, then kill you in a huge, heavy family car with only a 6 cyl. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
When Caddy said they were pulling out of racing, I wrote them and they replied that they would get back to me. Still waiting.
 

·
Registered
A boat
Joined
·
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well I can now officially say that you have to be one of the biggest moron's I have ever met. Well tell your "buddy" congrats, his $30k car can beat my $18k car. WOW! Tell him to go and race a SRT-4 which is $19k and ask him who is laughing at the end of that race. And I know a lot of Z owners with all the Nissan forum's I got too. Tell him to go to a dyno and hook it up and see what his $30k+ got him. I've seen Z owners all sorts of PO'd because their car is only dyno'ing between 210-230 not the 270 hp that they claim. Ask him if he has even gone to the track yet and what his best ET is. Most likely he is in the 14's. Which means he spent dam near 2x the money on his car to get a whopping 1 second faster in the 1/4. A guy on our Spec V forum has spent $2400 in mod's on his car and is running 14.1's on street tires and 13.8's on slick's. But now the turbo's have been coming out for our cars and my buddies car was the test car for one of the companies turbo kits and his car went from 175 hp to 273 hp. Not bad for a kit that costs $4000. But here's a link to my website where you can check out my timeslip for my 15.1 run.
http://members.cardomain.com/specvisfast So congrats on spending sooooooo much money on your race car Caddy. Because I'll still smoke your ass :nyanya: But once again your "Buddy" I guess doesn't know what the concept of money is. Because if you want a Skyline you need to go here www.motorex.net and the last time they had a R34 GT-R V Spec II there it was on sale for $98,000. So tell him to do some more research before running his mouth. What's next he's going to say to get a Nissan Stagea or a Silvia? :histeric: So here it is for you plain in simple.....

$18k for Spec V
*if you bought your Caddy brand new* $30k+

Spec V = 15.196
Caddy = 15.38x
so to me that means.......

OWNAGE!!!!!

Do you get pleasure out of being a dumbass? I'll tell you what, I'll race you with the eldo and pull mid 14s all day.

Hell, there are quite a few boats faster than your sorry ass.
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
I dont like the direction this thread is going, and I reserve the right to close it........

The question was should cadillac start racing again, and now your going off on the SpecV guy..... Granted, he has pushed some buttons here, but its not that big of a deal........
 

·
Registered
1995 FTS
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
It's amazing how I haven't attacked anyone one here with cursing at the other person and what not but there have been a few posts on here with people doing nothing but cursing at me. But I am not attacking anyone on this thread anymore. For awhile we were getting off the topic of this thread so i'm trying to get back on topic here by not saying anything and just trying to be nice. Then people like Sinister Angel here have to start all of it back up and start cursing. I just think its immature and uncalled for. But but elwesso if you want to close it be my guest. Because most likely people who are coming onto this thread late will start doing what a lot of people have done and start quoting me and start bashing and most likely start using vulgar language. So you have my vote to close this thread up because everything on this page has really nothing to do with the topic at hand.
 

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Blackout, do you have any reason for posting on this site other than to point out your opinion that Cadillacs are generally slow old-persons cars, and overall be a pain in the ass?

This is a serious question.
 
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
Top