• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
OK well about me staying out of this argument well shi# happens.

First thing (this is to everyone)

You can't compare apples to oranges.
Nissian honda etc.... most of there cars are "little" four cynliders.
To gain HP they dont' use the Cubic inch of the block but they use superchargers/turbos/nitrous/etc....

GM uses block power to get the HP. there cars are much bigger and weigh more.

If you look at the history of car companies they cross bread things all of the time. Look at the new caviler with the crazy stuff all over it ground effects superchargers etc....

Also hondas are using 6 cylinders and it won't take long for the 8.

ITs all personal prefernce. Mine is i hate imports. everyone has one they MOST (not all) do stupid mods for apperance and not speed. I can't work on a 4 cyc. i have no clue where to start but if you give me a 350 ill go to town. I don't like the stylings of an import.

This is an argument that will last for eions of time. Drive what you like do what you like to the car. Race it if you want. if you get beat so be it. Mod your car more.

My woman likes the imports and i hate them which is why i will NEVER get in a conversation about cars with her anymore

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Hey Bspec, NISSAN never won Le Mans. Nissan couldn't even win at Indy when it was only them against GM!! What a pathetic excuse for a car company. If you can't beat GM in the IRL, then you suck real real bad.
Well if Nissan sux because it couldn't win the IRL then GM must really suck since its never one Le Mans :rolleyes:
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/24lemans.shtml#results

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well if Nissan sux because it couldn't win the IRL then GM must really suck since its never one Le Mans :rolleyes:
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/24lemans.shtml#results
Big deal genius if GM never "one" Le Mans...we don't really care that much. YOU DRIVE A SENTRA!

My buddy in my office who has a 2003 Z wants to know if you ever race go carts and if you can beat them. He says that if you wanted a fast Nissan then get a Z or a Skyline. He said your car sucks.
Lastly, your car has 175 :histeric:horsepower and does zero-60 in 7.6 seconds with 15.93 seconds in the quarter mile...if you have a manual. You are definitely a super speed racer. Even with that, my stock SLS will do 7.04 and the quarter mile in 15.38 at 94.8. Looks like a 97 caddy can kill a weak ass 2002 nissan. (btw...mines automatic).

OWNED!:bighead::sneaky::worship:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Like it or not, I can verify his 1/4 mile ET.
I think the problem with the way this thread is going is that there just so damn many different types of cars and types of racing that damn near any car can compete SOMEWHERE, OR SOMEHOW.
The point was about Cadillac though. IMO, Cadillac should forget LeMans for good. They never raced it as they elluded to until this recent mess with the LMP car. As for learning anything from LeMans, they learned it was a helluva lot harder than they thought! ;)
The CTSv is probably the best shot Cadillac has at racing and they PROBABLY could be competitive. Should they? I'd vote yes.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
oh yeah...and if your nissan is stock...that means your quarter mile time in your signature is a lie. there's no way you can cut off a second with your girlfriend in the car in a stock spec-v.

OWNED X2
Hey guys guess what i just bought a 99 toro lawnmower put some spec V stickers on it welded a wing on the back, hooked up a "sport" exhuast. I know run 12.23 in the Q/M. Now that is a bad ass car

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Katshot said:
Like it or not, I can verify his 1/4 mile ET.
I think the problem with the way this thread is going is that there just so damn many different types of cars and types of racing that damn near any car can compete SOMEWHERE, OR SOMEHOW.
The point was about Cadillac though. IMO, Cadillac should forget LeMans for good. They never raced it as they elluded to until this recent mess with the LMP car. As for learning anything from LeMans, they learned it was a helluva lot harder than they thought! ;)
The CTSv is probably the best shot Cadillac has at racing and they PROBABLY could be competitive. Should they? I'd vote yes.
MSN Autos says:

Performance
0 - 60 Time - 7.60
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Time : 15.93
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed : 89.30
(mph) Braking 60 - 0 : 126
mph (ft.)
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Spec V" - I4 2.5L (175 hp) 6M + ABS

He's not going to shave a second off unless he's a professional driver and has slicks on the car if it is stock. These numbers are accurate. I want to see a time slip.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Big deal genius if GM never "one" Le Mans...we don't really care that much. YOU DRIVE A SENTRA!

My buddy in my office who has a 2003 Z wants to know if you ever race go carts and if you can beat them. He says that if you wanted a fast Nissan then get a Z or a Skyline. He said your car sucks.
Lastly, your car has 175 :histeric:horsepower and does zero-60 in 7.6 seconds with 15.93 seconds in the quarter mile...if you have a manual. You are definitely a super speed racer. Even with that, my stock SLS will do 7.04 and the quarter mile in 15.38 at 94.8. Looks like a 97 caddy can kill a weak ass 2002 nissan. (btw...mines automatic).

OWNED!:bighead::sneaky::worship:
Well I can now officially say that you have to be one of the biggest moron's I have ever met. Well tell your "buddy" congrats, his $30k car can beat my $18k car. WOW! Tell him to go and race a SRT-4 which is $19k and ask him who is laughing at the end of that race. And I know a lot of Z owners with all the Nissan forum's I got too. Tell him to go to a dyno and hook it up and see what his $30k+ got him. I've seen Z owners all sorts of PO'd because their car is only dyno'ing between 210-230 not the 270 hp that they claim. Ask him if he has even gone to the track yet and what his best ET is. Most likely he is in the 14's. Which means he spent dam near 2x the money on his car to get a whopping 1 second faster in the 1/4. A guy on our Spec V forum has spent $2400 in mod's on his car and is running 14.1's on street tires and 13.8's on slick's. But now the turbo's have been coming out for our cars and my buddies car was the test car for one of the companies turbo kits and his car went from 175 hp to 273 hp. Not bad for a kit that costs $4000. But here's a link to my website where you can check out my timeslip for my 15.1 run.
http://members.cardomain.com/specvisfast So congrats on spending sooooooo much money on your race car Caddy. Because I'll still smoke your ass :nyanya: But once again your "Buddy" I guess doesn't know what the concept of money is. Because if you want a Skyline you need to go here www.motorex.net and the last time they had a R34 GT-R V Spec II there it was on sale for $98,000. So tell him to do some more research before running his mouth. What's next he's going to say to get a Nissan Stagea or a Silvia? :histeric: So here it is for you plain in simple.....

$18k for Spec V
*if you bought your Caddy brand new* $30k+

Spec V = 15.196
Caddy = 15.38x
so to me that means.......

OWNAGE!!!!!

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
NOW THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!

blackout , i had your back for awhile dude since im a ex nissan owner , but im wonder now , looks like you rolled up in here to start something but i will say something on the nissan caddy scca thing

the nissan GTP car's engine was devolped by the electromotive division of general motors , chassis i belive was from march , which is either a brittish or american chassis builder

when nissan went with the R390 at lemans , it did beatter than the cadillic lmp when it was there years later , nissan sept positions 2-4-5 behind (if i remeber correctly) a porsche , that car was devolped by twr , like alot of nissan racecars at the time (liek the brittish touring primera) caddy i dont belive ever finished 2nd at lemans , fact is caddy didnt get the same ammont of cash that the audi/bentley operations got

no caddy will never go rally , not sure why you thought that , the thread was directed at the LMP effort , and was onyl done as a nod to it heratige in the 50s ,when i think it was cunningham running them with great sucess

its difficult to compare the caddy to a nissan , after owning 4 nissans and owning my deville now i can say they boath have there attributes i also enjoy boath of them , but stirghtline acceleration is no way to tell how good a car is , any monkey can and does accelerate when one light aluminates, holds the wheel stright ,and shifts when a lamp illuminates ...and anyhting is capable of doing it

now lets see which one of you does beatter after just 15 laps at seabring , i guarnatee the caddy will have 4 cooked rotor and pads and the sentra , while making those lower lap times will undoubtably loose a coule of stickers , but other wise have its manhood still in one peice as long as the caddy cant make ground on the backstrech prior to the hairpin that leads to the finish line

so blackout , cool your mulilink beam

and jigga , chill dude

boath of you: instaed of makeing your cases your breaking them

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
What is faster??????
which one would you spend your money on?
They both sound the same.
GOOD ONE THERE BUDDY!!!! Well which one would you spend your money on? Because I mean they pretty much are the same thing.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well I can now officially say that you have to be one of the biggest moron's I have ever met. Well tell your "buddy" congrats, his $30k car can beat my $18k car. WOW! Tell him to go and race a SRT-4 which is $19k and ask him who is laughing at the end of that race. And I know a lot of Z owners with all the Nissan forum's I got too. Tell him to go to a dyno and hook it up and see what his $30k+ got him. I've seen Z owners all sorts of PO'd because their car is only dyno'ing between 210-230 not the 270 hp that they claim. Ask him if he has even gone to the track yet and what his best ET is. Most likely he is in the 14's. Which means he spent dam near 2x the money on his car to get a whopping 1 second faster in the 1/4. A guy on our Spec V forum has spent $2400 in mod's on his car and is running 14.1's on street tires and 13.8's on slick's. But now the turbo's have been coming out for our cars and my buddies car was the test car for one of the companies turbo kits and his car went from 175 hp to 273 hp. Not bad for a kit that costs $4000. But here's a link to my website where you can check out my timeslip for my 15.1 run.
http://members.cardomain.com/specvisfast So congrats on spending sooooooo much money on your race car Caddy. Because I'll still smoke your ass :nyanya: But once again your "Buddy" I guess doesn't know what the concept of money is. Because if you want a Skyline you need to go here http://www.motorex.net and the last time they had a R34 GT-R V Spec II there it was on sale for $98,000. So tell him to do some more research before running his mouth. What's next he's going to say to get a Nissan Stagea or a Silvia? :histeric: So here it is for you plain in simple.....

$18k for Spec V
*if you bought your Caddy brand new* $30k+

Spec V = 15.196
Caddy = 15.38x
so to me that means.......

OWNAGE!!!!!
(ok, this is coming from the owner of a REAL nissan)....

i have to say "ok, i'm wrong" about the comment that you won't pull a 15.1...but, i'll still kick your butt.

and, yes, i've beaten a srt-4. but...they are quick.

first off....you have 175 to the crank....not to the wheels. subtract about 20% of that and then you have RWHP. my car, yeah, 230 RWHP! 278 TO THE CRANK!!! not WHEELS! and, about your "supercharger" or "turbo"...go for the ATI procharger. that will add over 100 RWHP to my car. i've had friends dyno their cars with the procharger...coming in at 370RWHP! oh yeah...mine is the base...i got it for 26K. so, the 30K comment....haha....funny. also, with slicks...i have a few friends running in the high 11's (with just 100 shot of NO2). he was kicked off the track cause he didn't have a roll cage.

but, to get on the sentra bashing....well, how much vagina do you get with that??? probably not much. i could pull more with my car even if i was missing an arm. especially with those nasty stickers on it! haha!
that's one UGLY decal job. let me get you some chopsticks for that RICE!!! baby skyline?? :histeric:two totally different categories here. skyline = good. sentra = bad!

also, i was saying if you want a real nissan get the skyline...not that it costs the same. i know what one costs...i know someone who has it. and, it has a custom turbo set up that's easily putting him over 600RWHP!

your car isn't just ugly....it's really ugly! keep up the good work at making nissan owners look bad!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
GOOD ONE THERE BUDDY!!!! Well which one would you spend your money on? Because I mean they pretty much are the same thing.

Good Shit man you acually got a Chuckle out of me. Just a chuckle.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
score one for blackout , i just rolled out of my chair laughing . homers was good but damn , blackout stepped up good

anyway thats enough guys !!!! lets keep this civil

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hey guys lets all settle this like men winner takes all
http://www.arnoldsgokarts.com/
we'll all go and see who the better "driver" is ever car is the same.

:)
yes blackout you can put stickers on yours berfore we race

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
good idea , wish i could , id spank all ya

still nurseing my neck and back injuries (VA told em to take er easy)

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Well I'm done arguing with Air*head*jigga. Its amazing how your best run is a 15.3 but you've beat an SRT-4 :confused: i'm thinking it was an SXT you beat. But this kid is really getting on my nerve's posting of stuff he has no knowledge about or very little knowledge about. First he know's a guy who has a Z now he know's a guy who has a custom turbo'd Skyline. Is it a R32, R33, or R34? Is it a GT-S, GT-R, or V Spec II? Dude your a tool, you claim all this stuff saying this and that and you know as well as I know and quite possibly 99.9% of the people on here that you are talking out your butt. But hey have fun in your dream world of running 15.3 but beating SRT-4's and knowing all these people with all these cars and what not. You talk about me making Nissan owners look bad. With these posts that you have put on this thread you make Caddy owner's look like a bunch of 16 year old kids who are trying too look cool and try to be a pimp and what not because your most likely lacking something down below. Oh BTW I know a guy who has a McLaren F1 with a custom TT setup and 400 shot of nitrous and has a button so wings come out the sides so when he is flooring his car he can take off and fly away :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
like i said before apples and oranges

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Well I'm done arguing with Air*head*jigga. Its amazing how your best run is a 15.3 but you've beat an SRT-4 :confused: i'm thinking it was an SXT you beat. But this kid is really getting on my nerve's posting of stuff he has no knowledge about or very little knowledge about. First he know's a guy who has a Z now he know's a guy who has a custom turbo'd Skyline. Is it a R32, R33, or R34? Is it a GT-S, GT-R, or V Spec II? Dude your a tool, you claim all this stuff saying this and that and you know as well as I know and quite possibly 99.9% of the people on here that you are talking out your butt. But hey have fun in your dream world of running 15.3 but beating SRT-4's and knowing all these people with all these cars and what not. You talk about me making Nissan owners look bad. With these posts that you have put on this thread you make Caddy owner's look like a bunch of 16 year old kids who are trying too look cool and try to be a pimp and what not because your most likely lacking something down below. Oh BTW I know a guy who has a McLaren F1 with a custom TT setup and 400 shot of nitrous and has a button so wings come out the sides so when he is flooring his car he can take off and fly away :rolleyes:
you just called me an airhead...but forgot to read the beginning of the post where it says...(OK this is coming from the owner of a REAL Nissan). I'm sorry you couldn't realize (read between the lines) that that whole post was written and sent by DAVE the Z owner and not me. So just to clarify, he wrote that post with my permission. He beat the SRT-4 with HIS car. AIRHEAD.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts