Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all thinks they should bring it back? Yeah, Corvette has the C5-R, which is a damn good car, and does damn good in the GTS class, but obviously it is gonna be back a bit in the overall rank because, well, LMP cars are just sick like that. I think Cadillac has what it would take to take down Audi and Bentley.

Whos with me?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I think that caddy should bring back the racing team b/c it helps with r & d. If something works on the track we'll see it in 5 years or so. There are a lot of things that caddy should bring back and a lot of things they should stop doing but that is a different story.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
:histeric: a Cadillac racing team? What are they goingto race CTS's and go rallying in DTS's? Cadillac's aren't made for racing. They are to putt around in and drive nice and smooth. But a Cadillac race team...*pfft* :rolleyes: They should stick to what they are good at.....being Pace Car's for real race cars

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
:histeric: a Cadillac racing team? What are they goingto race CTS's and go rallying in DTS's? Cadillac's aren't made for racing. They are to putt around in and drive nice and smooth. But a Cadillac race team...*pfft* :rolleyes: They should stick to what they are good at.....being Pace Car's for real race cars
^ ignore him, he's whored out to Nissan and hates Cadillacs.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Sinister Angel said:
I see that
So when did you live in TC?
I lived there when I was 5, kindergarten on Fancher street if I recall. Home of Thunder Dan Marjle. But I go to Empire/Glen Lake all the time. That area is so nice. Nothing beats Lake Michigan. I was in Traverse this summer in late August and I got a damn ticket coming down the hill on 72 from Empire right where it meets the main rd in traverse. The cop gave me a ticket at 5:30 am because he had nothing better to do. My Aunt & Uncle have a dope house on the peninsula too.

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hit the peninsula alot when I feel the urge to do some balls to the wall driving. When you are in town next, shoot me a line on AIM or something and we can hook up. I have access to a nice 98 Eldorado. Go cruising in style.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Sinister Angel said:
I hit the peninsula alot when I feel the urge to do some balls to the wall driving. When you are in town next, shoot me a line on AIM or something and we can hook up. I have access to a nice 98 Eldorado. Go cruising in style.
Hellz yeah. The thing is I live in Boston and won't be back til next August. The weather was so kick ass up there this summer. Below are some picks with another caddy and my caddy in the Glen Lake Area. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3031

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
My Aunt & Uncle have a dope house on the peninsula too.
Your Aunt and Uncle deal or what lol..

So yeah.. bring back the racing team.

Blackout... what's he here for anyway? Seriously.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
yeah, I don't think Cadillac really designed my car for what I was doing with it after school today...but it did it....

supposed to drive 2 girls home, but they wanted to hang out more, so I was like ok.....to make a long story short, I went offroading, mudidng, rand over a wood pallet, did 360's in grass fields with the parking brake, went on extremly uneven grass path in apple orchards...... not that I do it all the time, but it did it, very well too.....

.....lol, going on the 55mph road going to the mountain, I saw a big(ish) patch of grass field with 2 weehl marks going into it, so I slowed to like 35 and went in the grass field, then a school bus was coming in the oppist lane (towards me) and the driver is looking at me like I ran off the road, I wpin the wheel all the way to the left and slam the parking brake and we do a 360, everyone on the bus looked at us like woha!

then while doing another 180 in an allple orchard, I was turning around and didn't see the wood pallet on the ground, then going on that very uneven grass trail, traction was a huge problema dn I had to keep feathering the gass to get her going, but she went, went well too, just one part the car bottoms out hard on, although now I know where it is, but talk about fun...... I'd like to try that in a Sentra and see how it does.

Anyway, bring back Cadillac racing, seeing the Cadillac LeMans would be sweet, then I can get a nice Cadillac Racing sticker to put in my window or something..... still it would be great....other luxury car compaines do it, why not Cadillac?

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Night Wolf said:
yeah, I don't think Cadillac really designed my car for what I was doing with it after school today...but it did it....

supposed to drive 2 girls home, but they wanted to hang out more, so I was like ok.....to make a long story short, I went offroading, mudidng, rand over a wood pallet, did 360's in grass fields with the parking brake, went on extremly uneven grass path in apple orchards...... not that I do it all the time, but it did it, very well too.....

.....lol, going on the 55mph road going to the mountain, I saw a big(ish) patch of grass field with 2 weehl marks going into it, so I slowed to like 35 and went in the grass field, then a school bus was coming in the oppist lane (towards me) and the driver is looking at me like I ran off the road, I wpin the wheel all the way to the left and slam the parking brake and we do a 360, everyone on the bus looked at us like woha!

then while doing another 180 in an allple orchard, I was turning around and didn't see the wood pallet on the ground, then going on that very uneven grass trail, traction was a huge problema dn I had to keep feathering the gass to get her going, but she went, went well too, just one part the car bottoms out hard on, although now I know where it is, but talk about fun...... I'd like to try that in a Sentra and see how it does.

Anyway, bring back Cadillac racing, seeing the Cadillac LeMans would be sweet, then I can get a nice Cadillac Racing sticker to put in my window or something..... still it would be great....other luxury car compaines do it, why not Cadillac?
Boy...i wouldn't beat on your car too bad unless you don't want to keep it around too long... I'd be careful around school buses too..school buses call in drivers and rat them out all the time for dangerous driving. But I'm glad you had fun and your car is much cooler than a lame ass sentra...let me say that again, SENTRA.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
Boy...i wouldn't beat on your car too bad unless you don't want to keep it around too long... I'd be careful around school buses too..school buses call in drivers and rat them out all the time for dangerous driving. But I'm glad you had fun and your car is much cooler than a lame ass sentra...let me say that again, SENTRA.
oh, I do not beat on it like that all the time, I belive "don't beat it, but don't baby it" I keep all the maintenace up, do the work myself too, switched to synthetic oils and stuch......just gotta open her up every once in a while.....

.....I actually plan to have the car forever....really, atleast though college, by then it woudl loose soo much value, it woudln't be worth selling, I'd have too many memories with it already do) and would always want it becuase it's my first car, that I simply could not sell it, plus it is the last year for the Coupe DeVille, and one of the last years for a Cadillac with very traditional styling, so it'll be a collector some day.....

Also I want to get an old beater truck next year, 80's S10, Blazer, Ranger, Toyota etc.... so I can have fun in the mud and orchards and not worry about messing up my car, I do feel bad for the car and told it I would be easy the next few days :)

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Night Wolf said:
oh, I do not beat on it like that all the time, I belive "don't beat it, but don't baby it" I keep all the maintenace up, do the work myself too, switched to synthetic oils and stuch......just gotta open her up every once in a while.....

.....I actually plan to have the car forever....really, atleast though college, by then it woudl loose soo much value, it woudln't be worth selling, I'd have too many memories with it already do) and would always want it becuase it's my first car, that I simply could not sell it, plus it is the last year for the Coupe DeVille, and one of the last years for a Cadillac with very traditional styling, so it'll be a collector some day.....

Also I want to get an old beater truck next year, 80's S10, Blazer, Ranger, Toyota etc.... so I can have fun in the mud and orchards and not worry about messing up my car, I do feel bad for the car and told it I would be easy the next few days :)
ha good stuff. i like the don't beat it don't baby it thing.

Anyway, HOW ABOUT THAT CADILLAC RACING COMEBACK!!

Cien anybody?

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sinister Angel said:
I think Cadillac has what it would take to take down Audi and Bentley.

Whos with me?
On Le Mans, not me. Not yet.

Cadillac tried Le Mans and lost to Audi. Bentley only won because it's an Audi.

A CTS-V in a touring class would be cool.

But GM sucks at racing, they always have. Other than NASCAR, they don't have a good racing history.

Hey Bspec, NISSAN never won Le Mans. Nissan couldn't even win at Indy when it was only them against GM!! What a pathetic excuse for a car company. If you can't beat GM in the IRL, then you suck real real bad.

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HotRodSaint said:
But GM sucks at racing, they always have. Other than NASCAR, they don't have a good racing history.
I think Corvette is really starting to pick it back up. Lately they have been ownaging in the GTS class.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Hey Bspec, NISSAN never won Le Mans. Nissan couldn't even win at Indy when it was only them against GM!! What a pathetic excuse for a car company. If you can't beat GM in the IRL, then you suck real real bad.
So because a car company has never won at Le Mans means they suck? :confused: The Japanese could careless about Le Mans and the IRL. Lets see GM *The biggest car manufacturer in the world* up against a car manufacturer from Japan that has gone through bankrupcy *spelling?* and is now being lifted back up by Renault and helping them out with funding to get back on their feet. So a car company that has gone through bankrupcy isn't too interested in spending millions upon millions on some stupid ass race circuit.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
To save an argument, i have no opinion on the subject matter.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Oh and here you go.....
http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_90/showall_/id_NIS/doc_nis9810154/cms/news/newsarticle.html

http://www.spencerlowracing.com/history/spencer_low.htm

http://www.sebringraceway.com/history_lookback.html
Look down starting at 1989

http://www.stillen.com/stilleninfo.asp?ssi=8

And probably the best page of all for Nissan racing history *And remember Nissan was also known as Datsun*
http://www.datsunhistory.com/Racehistory1.html

Here is a quote from the last link, "Would it surprise you to know that Nissans and Datsuns hold a manufacturers record of over 80 SCCA racing titles? That they have not only competed at Le Mans, but they have won it. That they won Daytona not just 4 times, but 4 years in a row? That Nissan sports cars, sedans, and Prototype racers have over 200 IMSA Victories? Or that Datsuns have won the worlds toughest rally, the Safari Rally, at least 7 times outright, with even more podium finishes than that. That their cars and trucks have over 20 off road titles under their steel belts?"

So yeah Nissan does suck :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts