Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new set of wheels & tires for my 05 STS. Decided I wanted the TPMS installed in the new wheels also. Go to the local dealer and order 4 new ones. Take them to the wheel dealer. Lo and behold the TPMS comes without the mounting nuts!! Now why would anyone sell a system that needs the nuts to mount them not include them with the part :cookoo: So I go back to the dealer, of course he doesn't have them in stock and must order them. Says he'll have them next day. 3 days later I'm still waiting. This really sucks! So I am pre warning other buyers wanting to get the TPMS sensors for the wheels, DON'T forget to make sure the parts guy gets you the NUTS also! :banghead:

·
Registered
242 Posts
You are even going to me more pissed off when you have to go back to the Caddy store to get the TPMS recalibrated to the car. Independents can not do it.

Cadillac is not stupid, you might think they are, but they are looking to keep the money in there dealers not in the independents pockets.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to re-calibrate the TPMS system myself, but I was starting to wonder after a while!! The manual states that prior to letting the air pressure out to activate the sensor the horn will chirp once. Cross that "once" out of the book and make it "twice". It took me about 4-5 tries, but I finally figured it out and got them all calibrated. Luckily the owners manual (even though not fully correct) pointed the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts