Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sixteen ~ A smaller sedan with a V12 might happen.

V-12 ~ Approved for production. Due to arive in next gen SUV and pick-up. Possible use in V-series STS.

2006 Deville/DTS ~ Shares FWD platform with LeSabre and Park Avenue.

DTS ~ May switch to RWD, but not before the end of the decade.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Possible use in V-Series STS? You know what that means: Cadillac still doesn't get it. If STS doesn't have 400hp in MY2005 and the V-Series doesn't bow the next year with 500hp, Cadillac can just pack it up and go home.

They still think they're competing with Lincoln. Figure it out, boys. Refinement means squat if you don't have the halo version to light the fires.

.Jinx

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Eighty grand? Cadillac will have to do better than that; the E55 AMG doesn't cost that much. (MSRP)

Figure 400hp for $55,000 and 500hp for $70,000 (plus options). Of course, the STS they actually build will probably be 320hp for $50,000 and they'll wonder why only the Cadillac faithful buy them.

.Jinx
Still waiting for proof that they really do get it.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The biggest issue as far as I'm concerned is that Cadillac takes entirely TOO LONG to bring new product to market.
Example: The new Chrysler Cross Fire debuted as a concept in '01 and is hitting the market within a month or so. The Cadillac XLR debuted in '99 as the Evoq concept and we're still waiting for it.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
Amen. Look how long it took to drop an existing engine (LS6) into an existing car (CTS). CTSv should be on the road in January? I know GM's got Grands Prix and Malibus to launch but really...

I think GM is paying the price for thinning its engineering ranks without thinning its products. They spend so much time turning out variations of vanilla they have no time to make excellent compelling product.

.Jinx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts