Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I was just wondering if anyone had any comments about their american made Cadillac. I am 35 years old & just got my new 2009 CTS 4 months ago.

This guy I work with just asked me why i brought an american car? and then his other comment was: "you are under 40, u shouldn't be driving a Cadillac".

This is not the first time someone mentioned Cadillacs being for old people.

I don't let it bother me, i was just curious if anyone else heard any comments like this??

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It's called outdated stereotypes. Tell your friend about Cadillac winning two manufacturer's championships in Speed World Challenge, as well as spanking the BMW M5's lap time at the Nurburgring.

Better yet, just take them for a drive in your car and hit a few corners. :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahah

Funny u said that cause he drives a BMW, now I can't wait to send him an email & say that! hahah

Thanks!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
102 Posts
The Cadillac comment would not bug me, but the "American" car thing would. If someone says something to me about that, I usually respond "Don't know much about cars, do you?" or similar. I expect ignorant comments from most of the sheeple out there, after all, most people are morons and not capable of using the brain God gave them....they rely on fan-boy forums and their cliques to tell them what to buy.

I don't buy American because it is American, I buy the best car that fits my needs...and the last 5 times it has been an American vehicle that happen to win. That is not to say that there are not great cars from foreign makers, there are....but the US cars are right up there with them.

·
Registered
Former 2009 CTS owner, back to BMW
187 Posts
I have to say, the CTS is one awesome car. It is my 1st Domestic car as I was a BMW 3-Series guy...

The CTS is hands down a very "cool" and "edgy" car, I have the 3.6di engine and in my opinion the car is VERY fast and can hold its own next to a BMW 535/335... The BMW 528/328's could not keep up with the 3.6DI CTS.

I think the CTS is so much nicer looking inside and out...

The best thing we can say to the BMW guys and gals is: Drive the 3.6di CTS and then see what you have to say about Cadillacs!

Then there is the CTS V - OMG what an awesome car... :sneaky:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,024 Posts
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine ?

(In a BMW the pricks are on the inside.)

MarieD, Ask your Beemer Buddy if he would like to do a midnight rural road run in a slightly modified F55 Seville STS.

·
Registered
09 CTS
87 Posts
I'd be glad to take your ignorant buddy for a couple of hot laps at Pocono or Virgina International in my wife's CTS. That will make a believer out of him; but in case it doesn't, we can take my a C6Z06, which I guarantee will do the trick.

For comparison, he can bring whatever car he wants from whatever country...

People like him are a menace to the US balance of payments. They buy foreign cars simply because they are perceived to be "cool", not because they are any better.

Frank Gonzalez

·
Registered
Cadillac
39 Posts
Actually, its true. My 08 dinged a reminder bell at me today when I forgot to shut off my turn signal with a friendly "Turn off turn signal" in the message display.

That convinced me.

On the other hand, most older drivers would never own the 08+ CTS. Too firm a ride.

Times change.

·
Registered
Cadillac
111 Posts
We are admittedly old. Last spring we bought an '08 CT which we love. Last week we bought a motor scooter. I guess we're in our second childhood!

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
The comment about a CTS being an old guy's car is not that uncommon among the ignorant non car masses. As all of you know, we're in a vast minority when it comes to being passionate about cars, be it styling, performance or luxury. Most of the people I have had the misfortune of associating with think a car is something you put gas in and go. Whether it looks good, handles or puts you into the back seat off the line is irrelevent to them. However, it hurt more than a little when I came home with my Crystal Red/Cashmere DI AWD loaded CTS w/18 inch polished aluminum wheels and MY WIFE said " I can't believe you bought a Cadillac, Cadillacs are for old men".

P.S. I'm 64 years old and my other car is a 69 Corvette 350/350 which I've owned for 40 years.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6DI
353 Posts
The comment about a CTS being an old guy's car is not that uncommon among the ignorant non car masses. As all of you know, we're in a vast minority when it comes to being passionate about cars, be it styling, performance or luxury. Most of the people I have had the misfortune of associating with think a car is something you put gas in and go. Whether it looks good, handles or puts you into the back seat off the line is irrelevent to them. However, it hurt more than a little when I came home with my Crystal Red/Cashmere DI AWD loaded CTS w/18 inch polished aluminum wheels and MY WIFE said " I can't believe you bought a Cadillac, Cadillacs are for old men".

P.S. I'm 64 years old and my other car is a 69 Corvette 350/350 which I've owned for 40 years.
My first Corvette was a '70 350/350 (L46) and I wish I still had it! Old is a state of mind!

·
Registered
CTS '08
215 Posts
LOL...My CTS is not an old man's car....Let me go on a little tangent here...My buddy used to sell cadillacs for Dew Cadillac in St. Petersburg about 12 years ago or so...He worked there when the Catera came out. The salepeople got a great laugh out of that car...so when I told him I bought a CTS he said you, "You bought a Catera Touring Sedan?" And now whenever I call him he says...How's the Catera!

lol..

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
What Big Jim & Tony Said. I never would have bought a Cadillac untill 2004. Now is another story.

Does this sound like a Cadillac?

Do you think these 911 and Z06 owners were butt hurt about having a Cadillac hang with them lap after lap?

-Chris

·
Registered
08 Cadillac CTS DI (sold), 13 Cadillac ATS 3.6L
102 Posts
I've posted a response to the thread about young people owning the new CTS...I recently turned 28, bought the car at 27. Funny comment I have from friends who changed their opinions after riding in the car is, "WOW, its like riding in a jet."

·
Registered
08 Light Platinum CTS
219 Posts
I bought my car in Feb, I was 25 at the time. I've had a few people make comments about it being an old man's car when they hear I own a Cadillac. They change their mind when they see the car and ride in it. The DTS is more of an "old man's car" of all the Cadillacs available in my opinion.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI FE3, 6sp man, Fully Loaded, Black/Black
26 Posts
I just finalized my deal on my 09 CTS (black raven/black 6speed manual) on friday. Pretty much the first person I told this to, gave the old person comment. I 've also heard how american cars are garbage and the like. I kind of figured I would get this, but sort of like being the "trendsetter" (I'm in SF, CA and the dislike of american cars is pretty intense among many of the people here)

·
Registered
Former 2009 CTS owner, back to BMW
187 Posts
I just finalized my deal on my 09 CTS (black raven/black 6speed manual) on friday. Pretty much the first person I told this to, gave the old person comment. I 've also heard how american cars are garbage and the like. I kind of figured I would get this, but sort of like being the "trendsetter" (I'm in SF, CA and the dislike of american cars is pretty intense among many of the people here)

I am with you - the CTS is trendsetting.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Cadillacs are for old people. Just look at the people driving them. :wisdom:

Of course you have to remember, to someone 18-20 a person who is 30 is old. . .

I proudly tell everyone I drive a Cadillac, because I'm old. :D

·
Registered
2009 CTS
17 Posts
I drive an 09 CTS and an 08 Corvette Vert, I must be really old (35 actually).
Old men cars or not, I am sure enjoying the ride! The only reason "kids" are not driving these cars is that they cannot afford them.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts