Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um... What the hell is up with all these ads??? It makes this place look so cheezy, and draws a lot of unwanted attention for those of us who surf at the office...

I think they were a BIG step backwards for this forum.... And I probably won't be around here much if they stay.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
:canttalk::canttalk::canttalk::canttalk::canttalk::canttalk: :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sal Collaziano said:
The ads help me to pay to keep this place running. If you would like to help me pay the bills around here, let me know...

Thank you...
I can understand and appreciate the need for the ads. All I am saying is that they can be done in a more tasteful manner, maybe?

What about setting up a cadillac forums store and using the profits from the merchandise to help support the site? My local club (www.inegma.net & www.badassofne.net) uses cafepress.com and have been VERY happy with them. Plus, it's paying for the site and all it's needs.

I'm not trying to upset you here, Sal. I'm just offering up my opinion, that's all. :)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Thanks Bill.. I like CafePress as well and probably will put together some shirts and things at some point or another. But, I have a feeling that we don't yet have enough people around here for that to really make an impact. But, I could be wrong.. The banner ads will surely bring in SOMETHING for me without me having to guess. Every little bit helps..

At any cost, the Supporting Member accounts will not see those side ads when all is said and done. I'm negotiating with somebody on a price for installing that option into these forums...

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate knowing what people think...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sal Collaziano said:
Thanks Bill.. I like CafePress as well and probably will put together some shirts and things at some point or another. But, I have a feeling that we don't yet have enough people around here for that to really make an impact. But, I could be wrong.. The banner ads will surely bring in SOMETHING for me without me having to guess. Every little bit helps..

At any cost, the Supporting Member accounts will not see those side ads when all is said and done. I'm negotiating with somebody on a price for installing that option into these forums...

Thanks for your input. I do appreciate knowing what people think...
FYI, we only had 60 or 70 guys when we set up the store, and they sell like hotcakes. :)

I'd buy a shirt, or a mug. Or even a sticker... They just gotta be out there. :)

Thanks for being open to the suggestions. ;)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If you made a shirt with the emblem that toomanytoyz has, I'd buy at least 3 shirts (in black of course)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
hehe me too. :) Well, we'd need artwork. I'm no artist. I can come up with some ideas but we'd have to be using original artwork. That's the hard part. And I'm pretty sure that, technically, you're not allowed to have anything with "Cadillac" or any other trademarked name on it..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, my logo is actually a variation of the cadillac logo, and it doesn't say cadillac anywhere on it. ;) It was custom made for me by a fellow club member though, and I'd like to keep it specific to my own car. But if someone else wanted to come up with something similar, that'd be cool. ;)

And thanks for the props. I really like it too! :) I'm getting it embroidered onto my headrests as we speak. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
There you go Sal!! Drop the SS, make the wreath(mispelled?) more agressive, change the style of the shield a bit and we set!!!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Two things, one is that there is something that had a specific term that i forgot about, basically its fair use.

If we talk about cadillacs on this website then we are allowed to use the name and logo as long as the site isnt pretending to own that logo. Its why a newspaper can write a review of a movie and print a picture of that movie. Hence cadillacforums.com on a shirt is defn fair game and so is a cadillac logo and even a modified logo.

EDIT
Forgot to write the second thing

Sal the window stickers are so easy to do and are a great fundraiser! And maybe more importantly i really want one as its a great way to advertise!

check out www.clubb5.com they have stickers and shirts and everything also

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Make a golf shirt..... :D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats why they make those little scroll bars at the bottom...... SO YOU CAN SCROLL AND NOT HAVE TO SEE THE ADS....... :D

God-forbid you do any extra clicking :banghead: :histeric:

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Your screen should actually be okay in any thread that isn't posted in by "toomanytoys". I'm trying to figure out how to have ONLY posts with wide images scroll to the right - and the rest stay within the normal range.. Let's see what happens with that..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sal Collaziano said:
Your screen should actually be okay in any thread that isn't posted in by "toomanytoys". I'm trying to figure out how to have ONLY posts with wide images scroll to the right - and the rest stay within the normal range.. Let's see what happens with that..
Hey! Ouch... :crying:

:D

Would you like me to modify my sig??? I did not realize it was causing problems (not as many as these crazy ads, anyways ;) ). :D

Just say the word.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
toomanytoyz