Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the AAIGM24 based on the specs listed on pac-audio's website. I know that the cadillacfaq site says to purchase the AAIGM24, however I don't have XM..and the pac website instructs to get the GM24 in such cases.

After I received the product, I realized that there was no way it was going to work. Sure enough, when I took the stock deck out I noticed there was no way to plug the unit directly in. I called PAC and they told me they don't manufacture any products that will create an AUX for the CTS. So, after all my frustration and hours spent researching this, finding out my '03 CTS w/o NAV, w/ BOSE can't generate AUX anyway is a major disappointment....

Pleeeeease advise

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I meant to write that the cadillacfaq says to purchase the AAIGM12, however I don't have XM.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
There really isnt much....have you done a search on here for other threads about this? Its been brought up numerous times recently.......I added a sound system and JL audios Cleansweep which allowed me to add an aftermarket sound system to the stock navi and also have an aux. input.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have two alpine type-r's and a rockford 851s amp hooked up. I also have the harmon/kardon drive+play ipod crap...what is necessary to just hook up the ipod via aux vs. benefit sound quality?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Ok to make the Cleansweep work properly, you will need to upgrade all of the interior speakers as well and have them amped.......If you do that, the cleansweep is a pretty easy install....Go back to cadillacfaq and do a search for JL Cleansweep Install........THere are pics in there for ya

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Upgrade all the speakers...blaaaahh!!! I'm on a budget and I need that aux input for the iPod...but there's always a catch!

·
Registered
Cadillac
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will cleansweep not work at all without aftermarket speakers or what? I really need the ipod hookup and found the DSP model reasonably priced....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts