Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/cadillac-xts-won-t-be-replaced.html
Pardon me as I rush down to the dealership and trade in this dinosaur before it's totally worthless. Was out looking last night at BMW 5/7, 5 was tiny and the 7 cost to much. Went across the street looked at an Audi 6/8, again to small or cost to much for what you get.
I'm not that impressed with the CT6 either. I will need to see it in person but it does look like the CTS to me. Maybe I'll buy a three wheel bike for me and the wife. Then we will start a MC The Grandfather of Back Ache. insert theme song

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
30 Posts
The XTS has been Cadillacs number 2 seller for the
last three months, second only to the SRX. No doubt
the incentives have played a role. Cannot see the XTS
going out of production.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium Black Diamond - 2011 CTS Luxury Black Raven
108 Posts
With introduction of the new Lincoln coming out next year I pretty sure Cadillac is going to step its game up to compete. Hope so anyways. Cadillac's come a long way in designs over the past few years and needs to keep it up to stay relevant.

·
Registered
2020 XT6 Premium Luxury AWD - Horizon Red/Jet Black
268 Posts
Based on his comments in the article, there won't be a direct successor to the ATS or CTS either. The only thing I would bet on, deNysschen's direct successor will be arriving soon! I agree that there is no need for both a full-size XTS and CT6, but not too sure how this new pricing structure is going to work for Caddy. CT6 - $60+K to $90+K range. Current XTS - $40+K to $70+K range. Looks like another CTS pricing range issue on their hands!

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
I love my XTS but with 6 more new models coming out between now and 2020 I'm sure that Cadillac will have car that will make me want to buy again. Of course price point is a big factor as well. I like the looks of the CT6. Nice and long. I just hope Cadillac don't price me out of there line of new cars. That new 2016 CTS-V series car is looking damn good to me with 640HP.. :yup:

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/cadillac-xts-won-t-be-replaced.html
Pardon me as I rush down to the dealership and trade in this dinosaur before it's totally worthless. Was out looking last night at BMW 5/7, 5 was tiny and the 7 cost to much. Went across the street looked at an Audi 6/8, again to small or cost to much for what you get.
I'm not that impressed with the CT6 either. I will need to see it in person but it does look like the CTS to me. Maybe I'll buy a three wheel bike for me and the wife. Then we will start a MC The Grandfather of Back Ache. insert theme song
Dinosaur? really? XTS is only 3 model years into a brand new platform. It's going to run till 2019. I would not worry about value going to nothing any time soon, unless you're racking up the miles more than 20k a year on your car. XTS is a good car thats priced right...period.

·
Registered
2014 XTS AWD, Luxury, Graphite Metallic
13 Posts
I imagine the XTS will stick around until the "CT8" (what will be Cadillac's true BMW 7,M-B S-class, Audi A8 fighter). They'll make the CT6 slightly smaller and then the CT8 a little bigger

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
...and THAT'S when I'm hoping to scoop up a fully loaded 2017/2018/2019 CT6;) LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
To me the CT6 should just be the flagship already. Do they really need something bigger? Also, I'd keep the XTS around, just like Lexus keeps the ES350 around. The XTS is a niche vehicle - a large, comfortable sedan for those buyers that want a larger Cadillac without a $60K+ starting price. BMW and Mercedes don't have a similar large FWD sedan, and their small 3 series and C class sell for about the same money (V6 modes with a few options) as the XTS which makes the XTS quite a bargain. Since the XTS has the same platform as the Impala and LaCrosse, GM can spread the costs out on 3 cars which makes it even cheaper to build. I'm in my 40s, and I'd rather have the XTS over a BMW 3 series, FWD and all.

----------

One other point, and I hope Cadillac customer service is reading this. My wife and I took a look at the smaller BMW 3 series, Audi A4, etc. - all German luxury cars that hit $45K+ with a V6 and a few options. Then we looked at the XTS, and were blow away! The XTS is a bargain compared to the small German cars, especially when you consider the XTS is almost the size of the larger Mercedes, BMWs and Audis. Why doesn't Cadillac market the awesome value and safety of the XTS compared to the smaller German luxury cars?

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
To me the CT6 should just be the flagship already. Do they really need something bigger? I'd rather have the XTS over a BMW 3 series, FWD and all.
One other point, and I hope Cadillac customer service is reading this. Why doesn't Cadillac market the awesome value and safety of the XTS compared to the smaller German luxury cars?
Agreed! The XTS is an interesting beast that could be marketed at lot more aggressively. To me, its the ultimate stealth luxury SUV. I have never seen it advertised as having fold-down back seats. I use them like that all the time - the trunk is massive, significantly longer than anything else I have seen. And with a high driving position and AWD, it covers all the bases.

·
Registered
2013 XTS FWD Premium
46 Posts
I hope they keep it, but who knows. Back in the day Cadillac had cars at different price points that were similar in size, HUGE. Today I'm not sure if they would but we will all find out in time. If they do retire the XTS I don't know what I would get next. The CTS is too small for me and the CT6 is probably not the right fit for me for other reasons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts