Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just got off the phone with Cadillac Customer Assistance and they want to make things right with respect to the number of times my CTS has been in the shop. My Cadillac experience for the 11 months I've owned the car has been as follows:

1. Radio recall

2. Replace radio trim fascia and steering wheel due to damage caused when replacing radio.

3. ECM recall

4. Remove and reinstall headliner that caused rear dome light cover to constantly fall off.

5. Replace left rear interior sail panel destroyed by fixing headliner

6. Replace exterior windshield molding that would unseat at speeds over 60 MPH.

7. Repaint entire trunk deck due to paint flaking off behind license plate bezel. Also had to take the car back to buff out all the swirl marks left over from their first attempt at cleaning up the car after painting.

8. Replace and adhesive windshield molding again!

I'm sure there was more, but I'm having trouble remembering all of it. Anyhow, they asked me what I would like for all of my trouble. I mentioned upgrading my analog / digital ready Onstar system (CTS build date of 10/04) to the full digital Onstar system and they said "sure, no problem". This is a $549 upgrade (3 years of the Onstar Safe & Sound plan) and would be really nice to have since I could add the Onstar phone to my Verizon account and the totally hands-free Onstar phone is nice to have when your CTS is a 6MT.

So, what do you guys think? Would you do it? What would you have asked for? I really have no other complaints about the car since it drives and handles so well. Free oil changes didn't interest me since they only offered free maintenance for a 12 month, 12,000 mile period and frankly, I'd rather do the oil change myself...the dealer is brutal on my vehicle :banghead:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Asked for and received a 6yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty. More concerned about the mileage as I exceed 50,000 after 2 years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CVP33,

Sorry, forgot to mention I already have a 7 year, 84,000 mile warranty on the CTS.

·
Registered
466 Posts
:thumbsup: You did good. You're being more than fair. It shouldn't be "we vs. them". Half of your problems were caused by the incompetent technicians at the dealer. I applaud you for working with the dealer, while also holding them and GM accountable. Strained relations and nobody wins.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-1- said:
:thumbsup: You did good. You're being more than fair. It shouldn't be "we vs. them". Half of your problems were caused by the incompetent technicians at the dealer. I applaud you for working with the dealer, while also holding them and GM accountable. Strained relations and nobody wins.
Exactly. As you mentioned, half the problems I have had were caused by the dealer "manhandling" the car as they tried to fix what didn't get done right at the factory. Having the OnStar upgraded to full digital where I can share the minutes with my Verizon plan plus have 3 years of the Safe & Sound seems more than fair. With all the time my CTS was in the shop, I got to drive every Caddy in the lineup except for the XLR and the V-series. I'm still glad I chose the CTS and am happy that Cadillac is making the effort to keep me satisfied.

In case any of you are wondering, Cadillac contacted me only after I filled out one of those service satifaction surveys they send you after your car gets serviced. So, apparently, they do read those things.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Yeah, good deal! Only bad thing is is that you got your cts at the dealer again... :(

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you made a wise choice...but i may have been persuaded to see if i would get them to give me a nav system in place of the radio instead (granted you didn't have one already)...

i don't have the nav but after driving around in an h2 i kinda liked playing with it and wouldn't mind having it...especially to play dvd's while i drive to work in the morning...i know...real safe...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TripleOught said:
you made a wise choice...but i may have been persuaded to see if i would get them to give me a nav system in place of the radio instead (granted you didn't have one already)...

i don't have the nav but after driving around in an h2 i kinda liked playing with it and wouldn't mind having it...especially to play dvd's while i drive to work in the morning...i know...real safe...
Yeah, I thought about asking for the DVD/Nav since it's the only option my CTS did not come with. However, since GM does not build these CTS's with the proper DVD/Nav harness in place for all non-DVD/Nav cars it would not be a simple "plug-n-play" for the dealer to perform. Yeah, I know that many on the forum have done it, but the dealer would balk at performing the work with regards to splicing into the VSS and all of the other stuff that's needed.

Having the DVD/Nav would be sweet...next vehicle will have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
bladehack