Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ats
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just got my ats 2014 and wonder why my 2008 lexus es fob unlocked my car from 4 feet every time , no button push required...why do i need to push a damn button now ? love the car so far tho

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
never owned a Lexus, but if the fob is in your pocket and you don't wanna touch it, just push the button on the door handle.

·
Registered
637 Posts
sure. also, in cue settings, you can make it when you push that door handle button whether you want it to unlock all doors or just the driver door.

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts
hi guys just got my ats 2014 and wonder why my 2008 lexus es fob unlocked my car from 4 feet every time , no button push required...why do i need to push a damn button now ? love the car so far tho
I had an 07 IS250, and it did not automatically unlock when you approached. It unlocked when you touched the back side of the door pull, but had puddle lamps in the side view mirrors that lit up when you approached at about 4 feet. I had a few ES loaners that worked the same way (not sure about the puddle lamps). There were posters on ClubLexus who insisted that the dealer could program the fob for autolock when you walked away from the car, so if you had it auto unlock as you walked near, the dealer must of done some type of modification, because that was not one of the "Lexus Personalized Settings."

·
Registered
2013 ATS
143 Posts
I love the autolock on the ats. I keep it turned on. It's a no brainer, I never touch my fob, put it in my pocket in the morning and take it out at night. That's about it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
rjz55 said:
thanks....but my doors have no buttons on the door handles
hmm I thought all trims had this option.....alrighty learned my new thing for today. sorry to hear that, it's a great feature! do you have a base model?

seems like Cadillac should have this on every ATS but I guess not...dang

·
Registered
'14 BMW 328xi
320 Posts
thanks....but my doors have no buttons on the door handles
hmm I thought all trims had this option.....alrighty learned my new thing for today. sorry to hear that, it's a great feature! do you have a base model?

seems like Cadillac should have this on every ATS but I guess not...dang
You are right--this feature is not on the '14 Base:

http://www.cadillac.com/2014-ats-luxury-sport-sedan/features-specs/standard-optional-equipment.html

But was added to the '15 Base:

http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-sport-sedan/features-specs/standard-optional-equipment.html

I don't get it--BMW does the same thing with Comfort Access. Why have push button start, but still need to take the fob out of your pocket to unlock the doors? So--you take the fob out of your pocket, unlock, and put it back in your pocket and start the car? Makes no sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
I would love to have the touch sensor on the door lock similar to my 2009 acura tl. not complaining, just thought that touch sensor is ...cooler :)

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
actually, it wasnt even on the back. just touch the handle witht the fob nearby and it unlocked! sweet aint it?
tex2670 said:
You mean on the back of the door handle? That is pretty trick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts