Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac used to promote and be proactive with their brand. I as well as many bought into their product.

Caddillac used to provide free tickets for their owners to Car Shows events etc. In the past we received 2 free tickets the Miami International Car Show. My wife and I attended and had a good time viewing the new Caddy Models etc. I even made a gallery pic post on this site of the event. Hey Cadillac look you got free advertising for two show tickets!

Unfortunately over the past 2 years I called and emailed inquiring about tickets to no avail.

I guess over time things do change and not all the time for the best. It is a shame that Cadillac doesn’t show the respect they once had for their loyal owners and enthusiasts.

We are going to the show anyway but no freedies for anyone including Cadillac advertising.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
673 Posts
Indeed. Cadillac marketing and promotion has made a clear move away from marketing to its legacy customers. It has even made a move away from their vehicles being the focus of their message in their ad's.

After many odd iterations of message Cadillac is now marketing their cars with vague references that the car will appeal to your "posse', your "crew" accompanied by women walking off a film set after a day of filming, I guess?

Now Cadillac marketing is convinced Its "customers are mostly people who prefer a contemporary lifestyle with a class of its own" and that "We want to build the first luxury brand that just happens to make cars," This philosophy is evidenced by the fact most all of Cadillac's new commercials and messaging hardly mention the car. A COMPLETE 180 from their excellent ATS launch messaging.

Cadillac marketing now states it wants want's to "attract buyers who are passionate, entrepreneurial, and unwilling to settle for an obvious choice." They WERE attracting that buyer. This new messaging is confused, muddled, wimpy and ignores both recently acquired and legacy customers.

Methinks Cadillac marketing is now populated with 20 -something Latte sipping MBA's whose idea of the perfect car is an iPhone on wheels.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am certainly no different than you my friend in that aspect. My ride is a 2011 CTS. They gave me the tickets two years ago as a valued owner that may want to upgrade some day.

But if Cadillac wants to keep me as a customer via their service department and my endorsement of the product and brand they need to do a better job with their PR.

Cadillac should be ashamed but as we know what goes around comes around....

If I where a person that cared in the Cadillac organization that happen to read this thread would take note and immediate action.

However the reality is that not how things work anymore unless your in the beer business.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville Base - Gold
307 Posts
I got tickets for the Cleveland Auto Show from Chevrolet just for being on their email list!

Not a good look for GM's luxury brand to not even give them to owners.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Very disappointing... almost as bad a the Browns.... I was born in Ohio I feel your pain.

I will remain optimistic that both Cadillac and the Browns will get better their act together. Them SOBs (same old Browns)

·
Registered
307 Posts
As someone who now lives in Miami after leaving Cleveland...you are dead to me. Dead. You LeBron wannabe you.

Obviously, I'm totally kidding 😂 . I agree, here's hoping we turn around this disaster of a first half to at least some mild respectability. This has been brutal!

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,097 Posts
I've never gotten any tickets, but I get all kinds of offers and free branded things. My free V-Series coffee mug is sitting next to me as I type this in fact. I have a really nice Cadillac branded golf umbrella, two t-shirts, a fleece, and a bunch of pens. What's more important to me is the deals and discounts. I get 20% (sometimes more in certain promotions) off all service and periodic $50 service vouchers, and between december and february I usually get $1000 "private voucher" offers towards new cars. I believe most of this is due to the fact that I have an awesome dealer right down the street that I use for all my service needs, and partially because I have a GM Card. However, i'm becoming less and less excited about the GM Card because they continue to incrementally reduce it's usefulness. Even though i've got close to 5k in points, i'm only "allowed" to use 1000-1500 on any given model. Generally, in January, I get an allowance that will double what i'm allowed to use...but it's not guaranteed. It really sucks that they don't let me use my own money.

From my experience, Cadillac gives more freebies than most other brands these days.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear that you pleased with your things and incentives. Not trying complain, more simply for the sake of striking up a conversation. Oddly enough this post had set a personal record for me with views and replies. So at the least the subject matter has been worth mentioning. I believe most of us if not all are proud of and enjoy our Cadillacs. If we weren’t most likely no one would have cared to read, reply or react to this post. To that end, hopefully Cadillac may see the enthusiasm the owners share with the brand and enjoy.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I enjoy creative threads like this one. Good topic!

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
689 Posts
I used to regularly get promotions from GM inviting me, as "a loyal GM customer" with a $1000 savings certificate, or a coupon for a free sunroof, or things like that, if I wanted to consider trading in, upgrading etc. NEVER got anything like invites to car shows, or even a Caddy hat or jacket or something like that. In the past 6-7 years even those little savings certificates/free sunroof, etc coupons have stopped. Now all I ever get is promotional material saying to go on the web and check out our new offerings. Or a debut at the dealer of a new model. No savings though. No extras. Nothing.

It's all dried up.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally agree those tokens of appreciation are important. I still receive coupons for Cadillac services which I use. A $39 oil and filter change wow! Can't even get it for that price at a lube and screw shop. Hopefully the Cadillac millennial approach to their customers will change. However it is a struggle to envision a young Tesla owner type behind the wheel of a fire breathing petrol drinking V model, yet knowing how to shift it's gears?

Again hopefully someone who cares and of influence with Cadillac will take notice. However you would think they would be smart enough relize that would be their existing owners and customers expectations of a premium brand.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just trying to help out.....I got to thinking......

I receive points for different things when signing up on the Cadillac Web Site I also signed up for their rewards program. This may also be the source of where my service coupons are coming from. I also got points just for signing up for Cadillac Rewards Program. I get points to redeem for various things like for service and accessories etc. There are some freebies available like download able owners manuals etc. So check it out...below is the link, you can opt out of receiving their advertising etc.

Keep in mind I signed up even though my ride is a 2011 CTS so give it a try.....

https://my.cadillac.com/home Don't forget to sign up for their rewards program separately!

Good luck!

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
689 Posts
I have an account on Canada's MyCadillac. Still nothing but basic flyers. Never any coupons or savings.

Max

·
Registered
673 Posts
The coolest thing Cadillac did was invite me to their Truth & Dare days. They were half a day of driving everything they make. Autocross, city drives, safety drills, in car driving demo's of all new tech, audio and safety systems, performance runs with professional drivers in the CTS-V and ATS-V. You left with a cool Cadillac hat and some other merch.

It was a very well done, classy day with a good amount of seat time. Did it twice.

·
Registered
AWD CTS
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounded like a really good time! Thought about going to their V driving school but was kind of pricey and not nearby. The other thing that got my interest was the Cadillac Racing events. Don't know the status of either of them now a days......

·
Registered
673 Posts
That sounded like a really good time! Thought about going to their V driving school but was kind of pricey and not nearby. The other thing that got my interest was the Cadillac Racing events. Don't know the status of either of them now a days......
It was really fun, especially for a no charge event.

Yes, the driving schools are expensive but they are a blast. I did the Bondurant 4 day Advanced Grand Prix driving school that came with an SCCA license at the end. Most fun I've ever had with 7k :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts