Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats what you will see in the Cadillac advertisements.

Except luxury vehicles are determined by vehicles priced over 40,000. If you include all sales over and under 40,000, Cadillac is 4th, while Lexus is the winner.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Thats what you will see in the Cadillac advertisements.

Except luxury vehicles are determined by vehicles priced over 40,000. If you include all sales over and under 40,000, Cadillac is 4th, while Lexus is the winner.
I really hope they dont use that in their advertising, everybody knows lexus is currently no 1, id have more respect if they admitted they were no 4 and comitted to changing that and put that in a commercial

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't link the article because I couldn't find it.

But Automotive News uses the 40,000 mark because thats where the luxury tax kicks in. I also think the 3 series, C class, ES Lexus, etc... are called near luxury in the industry.

But, sorry. Cadillac doesn't have plans to use that in their advertisements. But they could, and get away with it.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
I couldn't link the article because I couldn't find it.

But Automotive News uses the 40,000 mark because thats where the luxury tax kicks in. I also think the 3 series, C class, ES Lexus, etc... are called near luxury in the industry.

But, sorry. Cadillac doesn't have plans to use that in their advertisements. But they could, and get away with it.
Happily the luxury tax has gone bye-bye...i guess Cadillac could get away with it but it would still be lame

1 - 5 of 5 Posts