Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 1996 Seville STS with the Hammer 3 train horn I got off eBay. I just had it installed yesterday and shot the video afterwards. The video does no justice. It's awesome in person!

Edit: video seems to lag quite a bit...

The install required mounting the horn right in front of the radiator and we bend a little metal piece so it would fit. The horn came gold plated but I painted it flat black so it's no longer visible. The horn aims down -- perfect! The compressor and 3 liter tank are setup in the trunk. It took up the old 12-disc changer space. :)

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The video is shittin on me! Damn youtube.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
LOL! One of my tails came unplugged. Quick fix...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the fix!!!!!

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
If not too much trouble, would you be willing to post a pic or two of the final installation? I've been considering doing this for awhile, now I'm really thinking about it after seeing your video. sounds great!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem.
I'll post them later today. :)

I didn't install it, but I watched. It's like installing a new sound system w/ subs and an amp. It's a little more sophisticated, but not if you know what you're doing. We also added a switch to control the compressor in the trunk (to shut it up when I don't want to use the horn). As long as there's air in the tank, the horn works. The compressor goes on automatically when you use the horn enough to drag down some PSI, quite often. You can actually hear that in the video.

If not too much trouble, would you be willing to post a pic or two of the final installation? I've been considering doing this for awhile, now I'm really thinking about it after seeing your video. sounds great!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Photos From The Install

Here are the photos of the install:

The 3 liter air tank w/ compressor and relay

That's the relay (ignition goes off, compressor goes/stays off, and vise-versa)

We were able to take a shortcut and wire it to the amplifier rather than the battery itself.

We bolted the tank in and sent the wire out and under. Watch out for the shocker safety feature (nailed mine). The blue compressor wire is routed upfront, to the added a switch, along w/ the air hose...

If you look closely, behind the tubed deals, you'll see the added switch (silver) and it's hooked w/ a dedicated 5 amp fuse for protection. The wire connects to the last fuse (bottom left, yellow-20amp) in the fuse box.

We have run the 12 gauge red wire from the stock horn to the train horn.

We have the train horn mounted, wired with the wire and air hose, and ready to use!

Included mounting brackets.

Had to bend a piece of metal to fit it in there...

And there it is. Note: we also added a rubber-ish piece to prevent rattling.

--------------------------------------
I painted mine flat black to prevent grille busting and grabbing.

I bought the Hammer 3 horns as a complete kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triple-Train-Horn-with-Air-System-w-22kt-Gold-Plate_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33704QQihZ003QQitemZ130131925200QQtcZphoto

Siege Engineering's website: http://www.siege-engineering.com/
Siege Engineering's eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Siege-Engineering-Equipment

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
If you ever lit that thing up behind me, and my heart survived, I'd have my tail gunner take you out. :):):)

Yeah, I could have some real fun with that too! :lildevil:

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
that is pretty freaking awesome. I want to do my car sometime. I get so pissed at the retarded drivers here though I might break it from over use. On the plus side though there would be alot of people shitting there pants.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL
There is a limit specified in the manual. You have to let the compressor cool down every now and then.

that is pretty freaking awesome. I want to do my car sometime. I get so pissed at the retarded drivers here though I might break it from over use. On the plus side though there would be alot of people shitting there pants.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's kind of hard to do without wrecking too. Holding the camera while honking and swerving? lol... I did scare some joggers with it though. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 1992 Seville, Past 1993 Seville & a 2006 STS V-6
121 Posts
oh is that cool a friend of mine has a train horn on a ranger (ford) pick up and people dont know what to think this is awesome cool

·
Registered
1996 STS
105 Posts
Yeah, there was a vid. somewhere on youtube of a guy with the same type of horn just cruising around and honking at people. It's some funny shiat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts