Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS Z Rated
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, lately I've been wondering how my car would fair against its compitition on the road around me. So I figured what not a better way than to ask around here, seems like everyone knows these cars beyond my wildest dreams so surely you guys would know most of the outcomes of these races? ( All 'races' would and/or WILL be conducted on a track or drag strip legally! )

So if you do know the answer to the outcome please respond with...

-From a 'dig'
-From a rolling start of 25-30
-From a rolling start of 60+
-Please include year and/or submodels

Alright, lets start the list!

vs. Acura Integra

vs. Acura TL

vs. Trailblazer SS

vs. Infiniti Q45

vs. Infiniti G35

vs. Ford Mustang (V6 and V8)

vs. Pontiac Grand Am

vs. Pontiac Grand Prix

vs. Honda Civic

vs. Honda Prelude

vs. Camaro

vs. Toyota Supra (STOCK)

vs. Hyundai Santa Fe

vs. Saab (Any Saab)

vs. Volvo (Any Volvo)

vs. Acura TSX

vs. Nissan 240sx

vs. Nissan 300zx (TT or Non-TT)

vs. Nissan Altima

vs. Nissan Maxima

vs. Dodge Neon (SRT-4 and Base Model)

vs. Dodge RAM (Any Model)

vs. Dodge Charger

vs. Mitsubishi Lancer (Evo or Base Model)

vs. Jaguar (Any Models)

vs. BMW (300 and 500 series mainly)

vs. Mercedes (The lower classes)

vs. Lexus (Low-Mid Range models)

vs. Chevy Cobalt (SS or Base Model)

Well that's all I can think of in this quick 5min post before I study and do homework. (Fun!) :banghead:

Any others are greatly appreciated!

Once again, this would be done on a track and/or drag strip LEGALLY.

Thanks for the help and info guys!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We both know that that would be not only a even race but a cool one! :bouncy:

That would be interesting to see too, would the ETC win due to less weight? Do they weigh the same? Does weight even matter?

Good proposal!

Anyone have an answer?!?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
you should include the year, transmission, and options, like LSD vs non-LSD, stock rubber vs upgraded rubber, and on and on...

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
I think it would be really close between an STS and ETC. Especially a pre '98 STS.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raze, forgive my ignorance, but what in the world is LSD vs. Non-LSD.

The only LSD I would know of is the drug. :eek:

And I am asking everyone their opinion/facts as to which car would win. Yes there are some obvious wins and losses for the STS on there but it would still be nice to know how well/badly the STS does against it.

Example:

1999 Cadillac STS vs. 2006 Ford Mustang (V6)

- Dig: STS Due to torque and bigger motor
- Rolling 25-30: STS Due to gear ratios
- Rolling 60+: STS Due to gear ratios again

Winner: Cadillac STS by - 3-4 Car Lengths

Thats all Im asking for, if anyone wants to include upgraded rubber vs non upgraded thats fine as well as other options/variables I did not include in my post.

Lets see your results guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
LSD = Limited Slip Differential

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That a girl! :sneaky:

My friend and his Mustang thought they could take my caddy.

We went to the drag strip this weekend and he got toasted, dont remember times but it was pretty funny. Everyone in the stands stood up in disbelief. :want:

Anyone have any other match ups they wouldn't mind posting? I find it very interesting how well these STS/Eldorados fair against other newer cars.

But then again it is a CADILLAC. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 STS
42 Posts
STOCK 1/4 MILE TIMES:

2001 Cadillac STS: 14.8

1995 Cadillac ETC: 14.8
1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS: 13.6
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS: 14.4
2005 Chrysler 300C: 14.1
2004 Cadillac XLR: 14.4
2002 Acura TL Type S: 14.8
1997 Acura Integra Type R: 14.7
2005 Dodge Charger RT: 14.2
2003 Dodge SRT-4: 14.1
2005 Ford Mustang GT: 13.5
1995 Ford Thunderbird SC: 15.2
2000 Honda Prelude: 15.4
2004 Honda S2000: 14.2
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe: 14.2
2002 Lexus GS430: 14.3
2002 Lincoln LS V8: 15.0
2004 Mazda 6s: 15.1
2000 Mercedes S500: 14.5
2003 Mercury Marauder: 15.4
2002 Nissan Maxima: 14.7
2000 Pontiac Gran Prix GTP: 15.1
2006 Subaru WRX: 13.0
2002 VW Passat: 15.4

Source: http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock 0-60 times are good and one thing, thank you.

I've used that site myself, however, on the track its completly different.

I took down a 300 the other day on the drag strip, so somehow those numbers arent makin sense.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heh, nothing will ever change my mind about a post I saw on here. (Dont remember by who...)

"If you win or lose, just remember, you're the one driving away in the Caddy."

^SO TRUE^

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
Stock 0-60 times are good and one thing, thank you.

I've used that site myself, however, on the track its completly different.

I took down a 300 the other day on the drag strip, so somehow those numbers arent makin sense.
yep couldnt agree more because i have taken on aa g35 and won

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How did the driver react to being beat by "an older generation cadillac" as my friends call my car. - I just laugh and cruise away, knowing they have no idea what this car could do to theirs. (Civics, Accords, Altimas, Acuras....)

Are me and Talamant3z he only ones that have attempted to tap into the potential of our cars?

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado
637 Posts
How did the driver react to being beat by "an older generation cadillac" as my friends call my car. - I just laugh and cruise away, knowing they have no idea what this car could do to theirs. (Civics, Accords, Altimas, Acuras....)

Are me and Talamant3z he only ones that have attempted to tap into the potential of our cars?
every one is always suprised. some done believe my eldo is a caddy till they see the logos. but the best thing to do for me is when i go to car meets and everyone has their rice bunners with generic 4 cylinder motors and some with chrome air intakes :suspect: . i pull my hood up and see the beautiful v8 northstar. not only is the motor powerful but sexy as hell:worship:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I must agree with you on that one, the motor looks beyond sexy, its godlike in my eyes.

The generic 4 cylinder engines swirling around my school is ridiculous. I can only count on one hand how many SUVs there are in the lot. Let alone Cadillacs.... O wait I can count em, 2... One is my Z-Rated STS and the other a is a 98 DeVille that some kid got from his grandfathers passing.

When I took on the 300c the driver had no idea what to do after we met up after the race. He didnt know what was under my hood or even what a TRUE V8 sounds like.

Everytime I walk out to the parking lot and look at my White Diamond STS, I get a chill in my spine. *Thats my car* I know people say it day-in and day-out but its so true.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
My friends just call it an "old POS grandma car that blew its HG's and costs alot of money". Now I know they're just joking because they are my best friends but, one drives a 2WD Jeep Liberty Renegade and the other the '94 Prelude Si. They really don't have much room to talk... and that's ok. I bought my car because I like it - no one else.

My Seville still makes me smile everyday when I get to drive it and I will have owned it for a year at the end of the month. I don't think the feeling is ever gonna wear off.

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,501 Posts
My Seville still makes me smile everyday when I get to drive it and I will have owned it for a year at the end of the month. I don't think the feeling is ever gonna wear off.
It never goes away....ive owned my eldo for 4 years now. Its a 94 base eldo 270hp, not the dream 2000 eldo i always wanted and not an ETC......but i still LOVE driving it....esp when the pedal goes to the floor.

Only thing that makes me mad is when some damn chipped up diesel blows me away up the on ramp......i know how that goes as i had a 03 duramax for a work truck with the edge juice.....400hp makes a 7500lb truck go like hell!!! Guys go crazy around here with diesels....i know a couple around are up to 1000hp and a friend of mine out ran a mustang on interstate pulling a 4 place sled trailer with sleds on it......now that must have been a riot!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts