Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
figure of speech, don't really bite your tongue, but that is a strech and to some offensive! comparing a Caddy to a Ford,... :tisk:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fain said:
figure of speech, don't really bite your tongue, but that is a strech and to some offensive! comparing a Caddy to a Ford,... :tisk:
I own an sts, and im offended.

I normally wouldnt compare a caddy and a ford, but fact of the matter is, at least IMO, they look extremely similar (at least in the exterior)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ford did copy the grill and the headlights. I posted a similar response months ago when I saw a picture of the Fusion in a magizine. It has the appearence of a cheap copy.

Hey , imitation is the sincerest form of flatary !

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Jesda said:
Two great looking cars.
Exactly. Each is for a very different end of the market, so it's not like they'll be stepping on each others toes.

There's SO many cars that are almost carbon copies of one another anymore, that this is just one minor example. As is, for the price, I must say I REALLY, REALLY like the Ford....scream at me if you must :rolleyes:

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Very good point, another Caddy vs. Ford/Mercury "twin".

I really don't think one is copying the other by any means, just that each seems to be going for a similar design theme--crisp-edged and ultra-contemporary.

Still, an interesting argument, nonetheless.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caddycruiser said:
As is, for the price, I must say I REALLY, REALLY like the Ford....scream at me if you must :rolleyes:
Well, the msrp on the base model fusion is about 1/3 the msrp on the base model on the sts, can't blame you.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
isn't the fusion going to compete against the civic???

If you want the STS competition version, that would be the Lincoln Zephyr...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ben72227 said:

reminds me of a jeep cherokee for some odd reason..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ben72227 said:

Main competiton: Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyudai Sonata, Chevy Malibu, Nissan Altima, and Pontiac G6

The Zephyr is in essence a Ford Fusion with leather power seats, a garage door opener, and a $10,000 premium...same 220hp V6 on a FWD platform at least for now (rumors of a 3.5L V6 in the future). I predict the Zephyr will have vast rebates once they go mainstream. It's really a beautiful car. BTW, the Zephyr compliments rather than replaces the Lincoln LS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts