Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
I do :D

too bad the Rambler won at the end...... what exactly does he mean, when he says "how can I get this car out of 2nd gear"?

I was going to start a thread, about Cadillacs being mentioned in songs, have 2 collums..... 1 for the song being towards a Cadillac, and the other for just mentioning Cadillac.

Since I got my Coupe DeVlle, Pickup man is now my worst enemy song -it's a good song, but I can't listen to the part "light my truck on fire, and roll it down a hill. still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille"---- it is just sad, especally when I am sitting in my CDV :(

And my 409 by the Beach Boys can be my best friend song, becuase replace "409" with "4 point 9" and you got yourself a winner :D

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what exactly does he mean, when he says "how can I get this car out of 2nd gear"?
The Cadillac was going as fast as he could and the Rambler was only in second gear.
It's not a pro-Cadillac song but still pretty funny.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
lux hauler said:
The Cadillac was going as fast as he could and the Rambler was only in second gear.
It's not a pro-Cadillac song but still pretty funny.
Yeah, that's what I thought it means

hmmm, seeing as how the Rambler was kinda na econobox in it's day, that had to have been a built up one or something they were tlaking about....

.....when did that come out in... the 70's? beucase (well, without the emmsions crap) the Caddy's would have no problem going more then 120

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
When I think of Cadillac songs only one song really pops into my head and thats "Cadillac Ranch" Chris LeDoux version.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
lux hauler said:
They didn't start using the 390 until '59.
Here's a link to some Caddy engine info.
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Eldospec.htm
ahh....well, I knew the 390 was in the '59 Eldorado, so I figured a year earlier, and it had the same engine...

I can think of alot of songs with Cadillac in them, here are a few.

Pink Cadillac by I forgot
Boot Scootin Boogie, Alan Jackson
Pickup Man also Alan Jackson
Radio by LL Cool J
Country Girl by DF Dub

Just a few, some mention it more then others, there are tons of songs, and alot of new rap songs mention Cadilalc (Escalade most likely)

*off topic*

with the release, and popularity of the Escalade, it is making Cadillac, and older Caddy's thought alot more higher of, beucase what used to like, oh wow, you have a Cadillac (sarcasmin) is now like, DAMN, you have a Caddy?

I think it's cool

*/off topic*

·
Registered
329 Posts
From Southern Hospitality by Ludacris:
Uhh..
Cadillac grills, Cadillac mill's
Check out the oil my Cadillac spills
Matter of fact, candy paint Cadillacs kill
So check out the hoes my Cadillac fills
Twenty inch - wide, twenty inches high
Hoe don't you like my twenty inch - ride
Twenty inch thighs make twenty inch - eyes
Hoping for American twenty inch - pies

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Here are some songs that are cool. If you don't like rap, don't bother. It's pretty hot to cruise down the street on a sunny day listenin to 'em. Peace.

Do or Die - Po Pimp
Cadiman - Jo Doja
My Coupedeville - ALT and Slow Pain
GQ - I Do Love You
Ludacris - Southern Hospitality (see signature)

MY CAD - ILL- LAC'Z GOT THAT BASS THAT BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
shaggygrosser said:
From Southern Hospitality by Ludacris:
Uhh..
Cadillac grills, Cadillac mill's
Check out the oil my Cadillac spills
Matter of fact, candy paint Cadillacs kill
So check out the hoes my Cadillac fills
Twenty inch - wide, twenty inches high
Hoe don't you like my twenty inch - ride
Twenty inch thighs make twenty inch - eyes
Hoping for American twenty inch - pies
When I went to buy my car. I brought my CD with that song on it and took it for a test drive with that song blaring. It was so epic. ha...It was all a dream, and I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
ummm......Boot Scootin Boogie is by Brooks&Dunn

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer":
Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac

The Ataris redid that song this year, but instead had:
Out on the road today, I saw a BLACKFLAG sticker on a Cadillac

·
Registered
329 Posts
gotta love Dennis Leary "*******":

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible, hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown
baby seal eyes for headlights, yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115mph getting one mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheese burgers from
McDonald's in the old-fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers and when I'm done sucking down those grease ball burgers, I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the
American flag and then I'm gonna toss the styrofoam container right out the side and there ain't a God damned thing anybody can do about it. YOu know why? Because
we got the bombs, that's why.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
11 Participants
dirt_cheap_fleetwood