1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
droll
What a car I wish it was real

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
IDK is it supposed to be the v12 model that is supposed to come out in 2010?
From the info we get at the dealer They will produce a V12 in 2010 and the price range is $200k to $250.

·
Registered
1998 CADILLAC STS
179 Posts
According to Bob Lutz, GM Co-Chair the Sixteen, V12 are on HOLD! He states the reasons are: To see whether or not the USA Government will back down on the CAFÉ Standard movement.

GM or any other manufacturer won't spend billions of dollars developing cars that they won't be able to market. Lutz says that they will know by December 07, what direction they will have to take.

Also I'll clarify he did not actually say it was the Sixteen project, he said it was a premium or Flagship model, and he didn't mention a price range.:tisk:

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could do without a V12 so I don't care. I don't see why anybody needs a V12. Cadillac needs to concentrate on quality not V12 engines. When they're ready to take on Bentley or Maybach, they can start thinking about v12s. Until then, work on the V8s and get them at least as powerful (not supercharged) as Hyundai's V8.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Sixteen will not make production. Though it certainly should.

Right now, GM was focussing on the DT7 sedan as a replacement for both the STS and DTS - but that's on hold for at least a year. The DT7, according to Motor Trend, will be Caddy's new flagship, doing battle with Lexus LS/BMW 7-Series/Mercedes S-Class. Which is a good thing, Cadillac seriously needs a flagship to compete with that price segment.

With luck, they'll bump up the price of the CTS a bit to be more in line with the 5-series/E-class, and introduce the upcoming Alpha family to compete against 3-series/C-class, hopefully limiting the undercutting of the competitors' prices. It's OK to be seen as the value leader, but Cadillac has had serious troubles being seen as a credible threat to the Lexuses and BMWs of the world.

I've heard rumors that the Alpha will start at $25K. A $25,000 Caddy would be the kiss of death for Cadillac's credibility in the luxury segment, forever dooming them to the near-luxury game.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
They're going to have to undercut the competition by at least $10K if for no other reason -- the depreciation.

This decked Alpha needs to top out in the low '30s if a decked 3 is in the low 40s. Bump up another 10-15K for the CTS/5.

And they need to ditch the stripped out / rental car trim levels. Have well equipped, and then a few options to deck them out. No Pleatherette or crappy wheels, like BMW in the lowest trims.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was never a big fan of the Sixteen, myself. Apart from the grille and lamp units, it didn't really say "Cadillac" to me. I has some beautiful details (A 1000 HP V-16!) and a superb paint job, but overall it kinda' left me cold.

·
Registered
92' Eldorado, 97 Catera
289 Posts
I was never a big fan of the Sixteen, myself. Apart from the grille and lamp units, it didn't really say "Cadillac" to me. I has some beautiful details (A 1000 HP V-16!) and a superb paint job, but overall it kinda' left me cold.
The back end looks like a 67' Eldorado. Perhaps to old of a Cadillac for you to see. :)

·
Registered
1996 Deville
89 Posts
Wow, just wow. I do not know about you guys, but if given the choice i am not sure i would take the Bugatti Veyron over the 16. I mean come on, its a Cadillac with 1,000 HP what more does someone need in there life?

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
129 Posts
Wow, just wow. I do not know about you guys, but if given the choice i am not sure i would take the Bugatti Veyron over the 16. I mean come on, its a Cadillac with 1,000 HP what more does someone need in there life?
Agreed. I regularly fantasize about the resurgence of a V16 Cadillac.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts