Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with the way this exaust system sounds. I noticed a slight difference in performance and was a little more noticeable after putting a K&N panel filter in. I have 2 complaints about this system though, When I first recieved the exhaust and installed it there was a clamp missing so i couldn't put one tip on and I had no choice but to drive it home and it ended up melting my bumper and I had to get it repaired because the paint started to crack and peel. I think with the price and quality of this product that should of never happened but I do understand that nothings perfect and it can happen. The other comlaint is that the system does not fit right. I cut the exhaust at 20 inches from the front of the catalytic converter flange and its sitting back too far. The rear mounts are almost horozontal and the rear muffler bracket hits the body on bumps. :ill: I want to call Corsa soon to talk about the fitment problem because it seems like the pipes are the wrong length.

·
Registered
'96 Fleetwood, '05 STS V8
50 Posts
IXMestUpKidIX said:
I am very happy with the way this exaust system sounds. I noticed a slight difference in performance and was a little more noticeable after putting a K&N panel filter in. I have 2 complaints about this system though, When I first recieved the exhaust and installed it there was a clamp missing so i couldn't put one tip on and I had no choice but to drive it home and it ended up melting my bumper and I had to get it repaired because the paint started to crack and peel. I think with the price and quality of this product that should of never happened but I do understand that nothings perfect and it can happen. The other comlaint is that the system does not fit right. I cut the exhaust at 20 inches from the front of the catalytic converter flange and its sitting back too far. The rear mounts are almost horozontal and the rear muffler bracket hits the body on bumps. :ill: I want to call Corsa soon to talk about the fitment problem because it seems like the pipes are the wrong length.
Sir,
Sorry to hear about your problems with the STS exhaust system. Please contact Paul Santiago in our Customer Service department (800-486-0999 x135) and explain your situation to him. I have already given him a heads-up. Judging by your explanation of the fit issues, it is our feeling that you may have the wrong front pipe for the STS and that is pushing the entire system rear-ward. When you speak with Paul, he will get a new front pipe shipped out to you at no cost and this should fix the problem.

Also, let Paul know if you need new clamps for any part of the system and he will also send these out at no charge.
Did you purchase the system directly from us? What model year Seville do you have?
I am glad you like the system sound and we will do whatever we need to do in order to make the rest of your experience with Corsa Performance satisfactory.
Regards,
Gautam
Director, Product Development
Corsa Performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts