Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac Repair in Tucson AZ??? Honest, non dealer for service and upgrade

727 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr Earl 
#1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE!!! I now live in Tucson Arizona. I brought my Cadillac 2011 SRX LUXURY AWD car out here with me. It's in great condition, low miles (67K).
I'd like to find a good honest local repair shop or guy to do a tune up, oil change and general once over on my car. It runs great NOW, but we all know that could change at any time. Want same guy to install replacements headlights and new fog light kit.

This is the after market fog light kit I am considering
Chrome Housing OE-Style Front Fog Light Driving Lamp Assembly For 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX - Bezel & Universal Wiring Included, Driver & Passenger Side
Should I get the standard Halogen bulbs or upgraded LED lights? Opinions please.

ONE LAST LITTLE THING... I HAVE THE DREADED: SERVICE REAR AXLE warning issue. It pops up every so often for no reason at all. I have had it "REPAIRED" at least a dozen times over the years. Does anyone know what causes this or how to repair it?

Thanks from Tucson
Andy Z

#2 ·
Andy - Welcome and welcome to Tucson! Royal Cadillac in the Auto Mall has coupons on their web page - standard synthetic oil change is $50. Don't have much experience with them, haven't heard anything bad. Where did you move here from?

#3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply Mr Earl. I'm from Washington DC. I still have my home there, but I am doing as many people do, trying to fix up my parents home. So now I am splitting time between the 2 locations. I brought my car out here because I can use it for work. I also got sick of paying $1000 a month to rent 1 out here.
Royal Cadillac is a DEALER. I am trying to get away from paying dealer prices, since my car is long out of warranty. They also won't install any non Cadillac parts, like the Fog Lights I want to add. I can get an oil change for under $25 out here. But thanks for the response.
Andy Z

#4 ·
Yeah, I know Royal is a dealer. They are the only dealer in Tucson, metro area population one million. I have a new-to-me 2013 XTS with 64% oil life remaining and $50 seems good for synthetic. With these cars, I think it is worthwhile to get to know a dealer. Lots of TSBs. The only dealer in town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.