Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DTS 2005
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bad experience with Cadillac. Both of the remote entry key fob has broken and also the door lock on the rear passenger side has fallen off. Even though my car is still under the bumper to bumper warranty Cadillac is claiming that these items are normal wear and tear. But the problem is that for the fob - we treat the fob very carefully and it is on the same key rings as our Honda key fobs and they are older and still working great! The Cadiallac keyfob is so cheaply built it has been destroyed after 2 years!

The door lock is amazing in the fact that we do not have kids and have NEVER sat in the back seat of the car. The dang thing just fell off!

Now I have to pay $600 some dollars because they are refusing the warranty coverage!

How can I fight and appeal this decision?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If you're located in Florida then the answer is easy- bring it to us and we'll fix it. :)

Be aware that Cadillac is not the one denying the claim- your Dealer is. There are times when an issue like this can be justifiably blamed on customer abuse or neglect, but if there are no signs of rough treatment of the fob or door handle it should be a covered repair.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
As Tony says, go to a diff dealer.

Or escalate the problem to the service mgr at your dealership. Use a low key professional approach. Do not _itch about the service writer. Tell service mgr you need some help, and that you are unhappy with response from service writer.

Keep your cool. Do not bad mouth anyone; remind him how long you have been a loyal Cadillac customer. etc, etc.

Honey works better than vinegar, as grandma says.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The case of my wife's 2008 DTS remote broke about a year after the car was delivered. The dealer replaced it at no cost and with no questions.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You can try another dealer and or contact Cadillac Customer Care. Express your concerns and try not to sound like you did in that post.
Sometimes stuff breaks. Tony is right your dealer is just not handling it the way you want.
If you want it done at that dealer start working your way up the food chain. Talk to the SM then if he doesn't help try the GM (General Manager).
It will work better for you if you bought the car there or have regular service history there.

If you pay someone else to change your oil and maintain your car or bought your car somewhere else it will be less likely that they will go out of their way to help you, although not impossible if they want your future business.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac DTS
138 Posts
Please let us know the outcome of this problem. We all may benefit from the transaction...

·
Registered
DTS
51 Posts
Unlike Mrbeldvdr my experience with getting a replacement key fob, under warranty, was good.
I drove down to the dealer I purchased the car from and walked up to the service manager and asked if this, the key fob, is covered under warrenty. With out asking how or why he replied, yes. I am glad he didnt ask how. Seeigs how it went thru a wash and then thru the drier coming out in four pieces. My first experance with a warrenty claim, good.
I see Mrbeldvdr has not replied since his origional post. If you read this, did you get ant satisfacyion from your dealer.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts