Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Posi unit that is supposed to be for an older Cadillac. Problem is I don't remember what years it fits. I bought it years ago and can't remember what car I owned when I purchased it. I have owned a 66, 68, 70, 72 & 73. It has 12 ring gear bolts, 26 spline and the ring gear looks to be almost in the middle of the carrier with the cross pin going through the ring gear mounting flange. See pictures. If I had to guess, I believe it is for the later model cars 70+ as I seem to remember hearing that the earlier drop out center sections where not serviceable. I never got around to installing it and now I no longer have any of the older DeVilles. If you recognize it, or know what years it fits, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a shop diagram of the posi unit. It looks exactly like this exploded view diagram. Apparently it is a 70+ unit. Should fit 70-76 providing they are all the same. Would like to now verify that 70-76 carriers are all the same before I try to sell it. I don't want to have the new buyer get something that he wasn't expecting. Please let me know if you have any info or are interested in this unit. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts