Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac - please upgrade "configurator" for viewing different interior trim panels.

An opportunity for Cadillac to demonstrate superior customer service and thus differentiate themselves from Chevy, Buick and perhaps even BMW and Audi. This is particularly compelling given another recent thread on this forum indicated more trim options could be available in the future. The ATS configurator at Cadillac.com should allow one to virtually swap out the various interior trim panels independent of which overall interior is selected. For me personally, am interested in seeing if the sapele wood trim panels look good with the Morello Red interior - the carbon fiber included with the Morello Red interior is a cool concept but is not as visually compelling as wood. While you are at it, include a choice between the existing Morello red and black glove box covers; I am concerned about visual fatigue with too many Morello Red surfaces visible over the long-term (as others also indicated in a recent "Morello Red" thread on this forum).

Separately, consider a rosewood trim panel option matched to Morrelo Red. I am OK with faux wood, if it looks reasonably real. Also, a rich walnut wood trim panel option would be awesome; believe it was included in the interior of pictures of the Cadillac ELR I saw recently. If Cadillac does not step up, perhaps there will be aftermarket alternatives.

Other upgrades to the configurator to consider; include the ability to view selective options from the official Cadillac ATS Accessories Launch Kit. Would like to see the Grille – Black Chrome 22943164, the Rear License Plate Trim – Black Chrome 20920006 and the Blade Spoiler – Black Diamond Tricoat (GLK) 22802721. If it does not make sense to upgrade the configurator for the Accessories Launch Kit options, what I really want to see is these options with different paint colors. Currently the Black Chrome grille trim only has a picture with a silver ATS; what about pictures with a Diamond Black or Raven Black ATS.

Thanks for your consideration.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Re: Cadillac - please upgrade "configurator" for viewing different interior trim pane

Good suggestions. But showing trim combinations that can NOT be ordered on a car definitely needs to be on an entirely different web page that make that fact clear or too many people will incorrectly asume they can order their car that way and be angry when told they can't. And if Cadillac does throw up a different page showing the trim as $800 (plus installation) dealer options be careful what you wish for. Apparently some dealers regularly swap trim between cars in inventory for free. Showing trim purchase prices (as opposed to straight swaps) will definitely make it less likely they would swap for free (or very little) because it would legitimize a big fee for replacing the trim.

·
Registered
'97 Forest Green Catera
674 Posts
Re: Cadillac - please upgrade "configurator" for viewing different interior trim pane

. For me personally, am interested in seeing if the sapele wood trim panels look good with the Morello Red interior - the carbon fiber included with the Morello Red interior is a cool concept but is not as visually compelling as wood.

Separately, consider a rosewood trim panel option matched to Morrelo Red. I am OK with faux wood, if it looks reasonably real.

I'm with you. Love the Morello Red, but the wife associates "Luxury" with "Wood" trim. Hasn't made the transition to carbon fiber yet.

But, please, no fake wood! How can any fake wood compare with the beauty of the real wood trim in an ATS?

·
Registered
ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts
107 Posts

I'm with you. Love the Morello Red, but the wife associates "Luxury" with "Wood" trim. Hasn't made the transition to carbon fiber yet.

But, please, no fake wood! How can any fake wood compare with the beauty of the real wood trim in an ATS?
Not meaning to be a contrarian, I like my ATS wood, but...
Fake wood has gotten better. You can't tell these days in most cars. And car wood is almost always a veneer glued on top of plastic. With a plastic coating. How real is that? (Rhetorical question.) The more it's polished and coated, the less real it looks and the less real it *is* (IMHO).

·
Registered
NONE
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Totally agree regarding: "...The more it's polished and coated, the less real it looks and the less real it *is*". Also, employing aesthetically attractive fake wood will open up the number of practically available choices; e.g., natural rose wood is very expensive (even in a veneer form), so doubt they would ever make it an option on a production vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts