Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just this past week discovered there is a website called "Cadillac Owner Center". Among other features there, you can allegedly look up your car's service history. Since I bought my CTS as a demo/loaner sorta car with 7400 miles on it, I was interested to see what had transpired in those 7+k miles from a maintenance/repair standpoint prior to my purchase. However, the website said there were no service records available for my car. I didn't think much of it at the time, in fact feeling happy that nothing of importance had happened while the car was being used by the dealership.

But then I discovered something that tells me the car was in fact in the shop at least once for a repair. I am 99.9% certain the LR tire has been replaced... the wheel has a nasty looking scrape on the outer rim surface (curb or pothole type damage), but the tire sidewall has no blemish whatsoever in the same area. As you are probably aware, the OEM Pirelli's have a "curb protector" that protrudes laterally well beyond the outer rim surface, so if the rim took a hit, the tire will positively have some evidence of damage as well.

So - if the tire was replaced, shouldn't that have been an entry in the service history that I would be able to view in the Owner Center? I will most definitely be talking to the dealer about this, but wanted to know if you folks have any experience with the service history feature... is it in typically a reliable source of info on the car, or a useless doodad?

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Most times if you take it to a GM dealer they will make the entry for you automatically, other shops will not. It is a good practice to keep your records on the GM owners site for resale purposes, a car with complete service records boosts the cars value. Previous owner most likely had his work done elsewhere and didn't record it on the GM owner site. When I have work done at a shop other than a GM shop I enter it manually.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,495 Posts
You might want to get out of this forum and go down to Discussions. There's a forum there where you can start your own private CARFAx subscription - free - and find the service history of your car as well as maintain your own service log.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Previous owner most likely had his work done elsewhere and didn't record it on the GM owner site. When I have work done at a shop other than a GM shop I enter it manually.
Right... but in this case, the "previous owner" was the dealership; they used the car (in their words) as a "service loaner". I am the first titled owner of the car.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to get out of this forum and go down to Discussions. There's a forum there where you can start your own private CARFAx subscription - free - and find the service history of your car as well as maintain your own service log.
Thanks! Unfortunately, the only thing CarFax shows is an oil change. And I find it really odd that CarFax has this piece of data while the Cadillac Owner Center doesn't. Then of course, neither site has anything at all relative to tire service. I took a closer look at the wheel damage today and it may be tire machine damage, as opposed to curb/pothole scrapes. Which would mean the tire may have been repaired as opposed to replaced. But either way, I would have expected an entry. Doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings about the service department at that dealership. BTW, if the oil was in fact changed when the CarFax entry indicates, they also forgot to reset the oil monitor in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts