Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to do a "poll" but I am interested in finding out the average age of most Caddillac owners.

From reading the posts in this board, it would seem that this is a very young crowd. (Maybe that's because the Net attracts younger users). Yet, whenever I am driving I see that most Caddy owners appear to be AARP members, ready for their next Geritol hit.

I even see older people gehind the wheel of STS's and DTS's.

Another obeservation I have made is that most CTS drivers (at least in my area) happen to be females.

So, how old are all of oyu?

And, do you get grief because Caddies are "supposed" to be cars for old geezers?:lildevil:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
iam 19 and i got alot of "old mans car" stuff from people at school. I always just laugh becuase 9 outa 10 times my car was faster, nicer and more comfertable.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
16 (first car) and I do get the slow old mans car stuff too. That usually stops as soon as they get a ride. One of my friends was shopping for a car, and he was getting that too, with his 307 Olds G-body. I talked him into taking a 92 Deville out even though he didn't want a Caddy because the Olds was slow enough. His tune changed when, used to driving the slow Olds, he managed to do a fairly nice burnout right in front of the salesman and the manager.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I'm 16. I got "that things a pimpmobile man" much more than "thats an old person car, man." So it works out.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
<--- 16

go from "old mans car" to "wow, that is actually pretty fast" as soon as they see me lite up the tires form a stop and beat their little 4banger....

.... I also drive a 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight winter car...3800 V6, but it too is an old mans car..... but still has the power to put the rice boys in their place.....

·
Registered
1994 SLS
143 Posts
Im 30 and i dont see my caddy as a old mans car but a luxery sports car. I bought my first caddy almost 5 years ago and now I am on my 4th caddy and I love it. All my friends say I should have bought a ricer. ha ha ok
Ill stay with my caddy and leave the ricers in the rear view. 94sls

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm 19 and the reason I'm driving the Cadillac because fortune smiled upon me and there was a lady across the street willing to get rid of hers. Looked like it was parked there for a while and I needed a car; so the universe naturally looking for balance led me there!

Looking for an older car was on my agenda in the first place, but this one being so close instead of me having to drive around was really a God send. Of course it needed immediate care, like brakes, 3rd brake light was interferring with all the electrical systems (crossed wires), and of course general maintenance it has serves well.

No burn outs for me though, although I get a lot of "pimp" remarks. I don't want them; I think a Cadillac is stylish, and since I drive one you do it with elegance and show everyone how cars should be driven. It's like if you see a cop car doing illegal turns; a Cadillac drivers must have super etiquitte and show what it means to drive. The one thing I must keep in mind, to be humble and count my blessings. It's a great car, and I thank God for giving it to me that I may enjoy.

·
Registered
2016 CT6, 2019 XT5
140 Posts
28 and my '03 EXT is my first Cadillac. I have to agree with Spock in that even with power, speed, torque as a Caddy afficionado you, by default, temper it with style, grace, and form - regardless of age.

My Escalade has 550hp, but I don't screw around with it. As such, I do believe there is an unspoken respect for the cars and their owners/drivers. I sold my '92 GMC Sierra Z71 to get the EXT, and I would get pulled over just doing the speed limit - now I can cruise (responsibly) past a trooper at 10-15 over the limit and not even sweat it, as we (collectively) have a reputation for being responsible, capable, and considerate drivers.

Hope this letter is finding everyone enjoying a happy 2004!

T

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
I heard somewhere that the Fleetwood owner average age is about 69. I drive a FWD Fleetwood and I am only 21. The responses I usually get revolve around "wow", "your a pimp", or "its very clean". Most of the reviews from others are compliments, where some think Cadillacs are only for the elderly or rappers. I wanted a Caddy because its name recognition, its power, its history, and of course its style and grace. Everywhere I go, people look. Whether I'm downtown with my lady or in the 'hood' with my guys, I get the stares. Everyday when I pull up to work, I can see people staring- mostly out of respect because they know what Cadillac is symbolic of.

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
One nugget of information that I neglected to mention is that my Caddy is not respected by most cops. I've been pulled over for them just to ask if it is my car, I guess I just look suspicious. First time this happened was on a Sunday morning while I was wearing a polo shirt on my way to work. No respect for Caddies in my area from the 'one-time'.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Damn Smokey - WHY did I think you were in your Mid-20s ???????? You are only 6 years younger than I. :welcome: to the nifty fifties! Morning aches & pains, 4AM bathroom jaunts and menopausal wives! Whoopie :bouncy:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, just to throw in my age. I am 26 and the Cadillac is my third Caddy, started with a 84 Coupe Deville in College (soooo long ago), moved over to a 91 RWD Brougham that got stolen in Phoenix and now on the 74 CD.

Greetings,
Andreas

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Everyone,

At 48 this is my first Cadillac. I traded a Mustang GT in for my 04 1SC CTS. Before the Caddy I owned sports cars and trucks.

I get the same Old Man comments from my friends too. I think their just jealous, most of them drive BMW and Benz.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm 22. This is my fourth caddy since I was 17. I got the old man senario from some dip shit rice boys in high school, but these cars are a testamnet to classic style so the coments are far and few between. Plus they just suite my personality a lot better then a sports car ever would.

·
Registered
543 Posts
skaha said:
I am 32. Don't get any old man comments... only pimp and drug dealer cracks. mostly compliments though.... LOL
You know its funny you mention that, because the same guys make the pimp and drug dealer comments too. I told them you can't have it both ways so make up your mind.

And lets not don't forget the mafia stereotype, I work for an Italian family that runs a legitimate business.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts