Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to GM news, Cadillac will offer new CUE update for 2016 model.

Here is some of the update detail

Improved system speed and performance
Faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution
Faster service reprogramming
Redesigned navigation interfaces
Single press mute navigation voice/cancel route
Expanded cities with 3D maps
Bluetooth Media browsing

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/05/2016-model-year-cadillacs-to-receive-substantial-cue-update/#ixzz3ZwUkadMm

There is no mention about the older model year. If anyone has more inside about the update for older model year, please share it.

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
A year or so ago, I tried NUMEROUS times to get someone, anyone at NavTech to provide me with an "as of" date for my map software version. i.e. At what point in time did they stop updating the road data, prior to compiling the build?

No joy.

They alluded, very ambiguously, that it is "about, oh, maybe a year" prior to the map version.

If you try & have better luck, please post back.

For presence/absence of roads, I find myself abandoning the in Dash Nav, in lieu of Waze (on my smartphone).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
There is no mention about the older model year. If anyone has more inside about the update for older model year, please share it.
Not gonna happen.

See http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-elr-forum/704649-elr-software-update.html

----------

According to GM news, Cadillac will offer new CUE update for 2016 model.

Here is some of the update detail

Improved system speed and performance
Faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution
Faster service reprogramming
Redesigned navigation interfaces
Single press mute navigation voice/cancel route
Expanded cities with 3D maps
Bluetooth Media browsing
That's all nice, but will the 2016 ELR's C.U.E. resolve all the problems we have with the 2014 ELR's C.U.E. system?

• reverse camera has poor, blurry resolution at night that makes it nearly useless
  • when the Illumination Control Thumbwheel is dialed all the way down at night, the reverse camera doesn't automatically switch to full brightness when the car is put in reverse, resulting in an even darker, worse image than it already has
  • no setting to disable the incessant triple-honk alert for 'vehicle left on', similar to the available setting to disable the 'keyfob left in vehicle' alert
  • C.U.E. screens too bright at night, even at lowest illumination setting
  • Switching to Night Mode manually doesn't do anything (it's supposed enable dimming the screens during the daytime as if it were evening)
  • after manually turning off the main display, touching any climate control (aside from heated seats) turns the display back on
  • after manually turning off the main display, if you have a destination set, every turn or "prepare to turn" instruction turns the display back on, even though the information is already presented in the DIC
  • poor integration and control of iPod/iPhone devices
  • improper sorting of media tracks (because the HMI indexes the device instead of letting the device control the sorting)
  • inability to display what's playing over Bluetooth in the DIC (even though it can display on the main center stack display, and displays tracks/album info in the DIC for devices connected by USB cable, or playing over the Radio/XM)
  • C.U.E. can't pick up where it left off on an album if such album was selected from the steering wheel controls instead of the center stack display. (C.U.E. instead finishes the song it was last playing and then moves on to the next song alphabetically on the device!)
  • can't access the Favorites bar on the Climate screen
  • A/C always defaults to 'Max' instead of to 'Eco'. No way to switch between 'Min', 'Eco', and 'Max' without first going to the Climate screen.
  • On the Map screen, the 'Destination' icon sets the trip, but the 'Menu' icon cancels it - very unintuitive!
...blah, blah, blah. You've all read my lists before and are probably tired of them, so I'll stop here! But you get the point.

If the 2016 ELR's C.U.E. system resolves all the problems about which I constantly complain in my 2014 ELR, that would be a big deal for me and might even entice me to take the plunge, even though it'd be a dumb financial decision on my part. If the 2016 ELR includes Apple CarPlay, Siri Eyes Free, and some of the other improvements we've heard about for the Cadillac CT6, that might make it irresistable...

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
Some of us would probably be willing to pay for new hardware, if that's an option, either from Cadillac or the third party guys. Likely will depend on whether the form factor and interfaces have changed much.

·
Registered
*RIP* 2013 Cadillac XTS4 Platinum - Black Diamond TriCoat
46 Posts
I would pay extra at this point to be able to upgrade to the 2016 functionality! Thats sad because Cadillac made so many promises regarding CUE and never delivered. Such a shame because I love Cadillac- first my 2009 CTS, then my 2013 XTS! I bet there is a way to get the new HMI box and somehow program for he 2016 features... maybe i'll try

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
I would pay extra at this point to be able to upgrade to the 2016 functionality! Thats sad because Cadillac made so many promises regarding CUE and never delivered. Such a shame because I love Cadillac- first my 2009 CTS, then my 2013 XTS! I bet there is a way to get the new HMI box and somehow program for he 2016 features... maybe i'll try
You'd be wasting your time. 2016 will have hardware changes on CUE which would making swapping out HMI's incompatible.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 Turbo
105 Posts
Is it possible to swap out the entire CUE unit? I would be willing to pay $$$ to rip out my existing 2013 CUE to the newer 2016.... It's that or I am going to start looking to trade out.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2013 ATS AWD 2.0T
148 Posts
Has anyone tried the new 2016 CUE with updated hardware/software? Wondering how much it has improved overall. Maybe they should call it CUE 2.0 since both hw/sw is changing.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
Not yet. Should arrive toward the end of August. I have a 2016 on order that will be among the first built and it is expected then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts