Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Performance
18 Posts
Anyone running a set of 19x8 oem black wheels at all four corners? I was thinking of doing this set up with michelin pilot sport a/s 3. I was going to run the recommended 225/35 but was thinking bout 235/35 unfortunately the tires I want are not available in that size. Let me know if anyone is running 225/35 on 19x8 on all 4 corners and how you like it. Thanks! By the way I have a manual RWD performance model but live in the north east and do not want to run two sets of tires. Just my preference

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 T
39 Posts
Anyone running a set of 19x8 oem black wheels at all four corners? I was thinking of doing this set up with michelin pilot sport a/s 3. I was going to run the recommended 225/35 but was thinking bout 235/35 unfortunately the tires I want are available in that size. Let me know if anyone is running 225/35 on 19x8 on all 4 corners and how you like it. Thanks! By the way I have a manual RWD performance model but live in the north east and do not want to run to sets of tires. Just my preference
I am running 19s all around but not factory. I hsve 275 30s in the rear and 245 35 in front, no issues and the car rides fine, turn in is much better and the look from behind is rear nice with the 275s

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Wow. I don't want to see that tire bill.
Good thing you don't own a vette. LOL. 275 is more like the front tire size. 325 on the back. Unfortunately, I need new tires this spring and the bill will not be pretty.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
20 Posts
Anyone running a set of 19x8 oem black wheels at all four corners? I was thinking of doing this set up with michelin pilot sport a/s 3. I was going to run the recommended 225/35 but was thinking bout 235/35 unfortunately the tires I want are available in that size. Let me know if anyone is running 225/35 on 19x8 on all 4 corners and how you like it. Thanks! By the way I have a manual RWD performance model but live in the north east and do not want to run to sets of tires. Just my preference
I am running oem 19 black, seems to be fine

·
Registered
'06 STS & '15 Escalade & '14 ATS
25 Posts
Redgts - do you have RWD or AWD? The listing for the OEM 19" black wheels on the GM Accessories site states "Not For Use on AWD" but my dealer has a 2.0T AWD with them on the lot.

Matt

·
Registered
2012 BMW 550i xDrive MSport, 2015 Chevy SS, 2017 Camaro, 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
1,243 Posts
I'd also like to know if the stock black 19's will work with AWD?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,043 Posts
Anyone out there running 19" (oem or 3rd party) on an AWD? :confused:
I'd also like to know if the stock black 19's will work with AWD?
There's no reason 19" wheels won't work on the AWD cars. My guess is that Cadillac doesn't offer their specific option package because the optional wheel/tire package is staggered, whereas the AWD sedans come with the same size wheels/tires all around. With that said, the AWD ATS coupe comes with staggered front/rear wheels and tires, and I can't imagine Cadillac designed different AWD systems for the coupe and sedan, so presumably you should be able to run a similarly staggered setup on the AWD sedans.

You can look here - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-picture-appearance-forum/395169-please-post-your-aftermarket-refinished-wheels.html - for a variety of wheel examples in use, some of which are on AWD cars.

·
Registered
2012 BMW 550i xDrive MSport, 2015 Chevy SS, 2017 Camaro, 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
1,243 Posts
I'd actually prefer a square setup rather than staggered. Would it be possible to order 4 front wheels?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,043 Posts
The Cadillac Accessories site lists the part numbers for everything, and the wheels aren't listed as a set, so I don't see any reason you couldn't order 4x whatever wheel you wanted.

·
Registered
None
22 Posts
I know this is a pretty old thread, but i was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate weight of the 19" oem wheels??? I've called around and unfortunately haven't had any luck finding out. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Performance
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure of the weight but with the tires mounted they seemed comparable to the 17's with mounted tires, possibly even slightly lighter. But take in consideration I did not put run flats on the 19s so I am sure that saved some weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts