Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Creature
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Chicago Auto Show, Performance, Wagon, Cadillac, GM, Luxury

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition - Click above for high-res image gallery

General Motors is showing off its sexy new Cadillac Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Sport Wagon at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show, complete with its exotic SpectraFlair paint and snazzy yellow brake calipers. As you may recall, GM partnered up with JDSU for the special hue, and each Black Diamond Edition Caddy gets a three-coat paint process. Along with the shiny stuff, Cadillac bolted on a set of Satin Graphite 19-inch wheels that help make those wild calipers pop in a big way, and the interior makes use of plenty of micro suede and special wood accents.

The combined effect is one very sinister long-roof.

Prices for the gussied-up CTS-V coupe start at $70,490, which is a $4,850 premium over the run-of-the-mill V. Worth it? We'll just say that this machine is one of the few at this year's Chicago Auto Show that has earned a presence on our 'most wanted' list.

Gallery: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition: Chicago 2011

Photos copyright (C)2011 Zach Bowman / AOLChicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition is drool-worthy darkness originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
It annoys me how all the outlets are reporting that the Black Diamond Edition is "$4,850 more than a regular CTS-V", which makes it sound like the paint is adding a ton to the price.

Recaros, Matte wheels, yellow calipers and wood trim cost $4,800 on a "normal" V, so the paint is actually only adding $50. Basically it's a no cost limited paint job that only comes with one combination of options.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,764 Posts
That is quite stupid actually.

It's still a hatchback though.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
I usually prefer a plain to a metallic or pearl black....will have to see in person to decide if I like it.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,764 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS 4
348 Posts
Looks wagon'esq to me. Is there a size a wagon has to be? Subaru Outback, old Buick Cutlas Wagons, MB has a mid size wagon. Not every wagon ever made has been a Roadmaster. Mid size and small wagons are not new. Also huge wagons don't sell, look at the Magnum, they only sold 7,000 in '08.

·
Registered
19,764 Posts
The Magnum was a plastic-coated POS.

That is all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The way I see it, wagons have more or less the same amount of length behind the rear axle as their sedan counterparts, while hatchbacks are truncated.

The Caddy is a wagon in my book.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts