The Creature
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I am pretty sure a lot of funeral homes are going to be very sad after running generations of Cadillac hearses if Cadillac completely retracts from the commercial platforms.
Although, Mercedes Benz has E-class Ambulances and hearses with RWD...

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
Maybe Im the only one who misinterpreted the headline " Cadillac wont replace XTS after 2019"
To me that means the XTS will remain in production. A more accurate headline would have been,Cadillac will drop the XTS from its lineup in 2019 .

Somehow I was under the impression the CT6 was a larger car than the XTS. Now Im totally confused as to what model is the current "flagship " ?

Not a big deal,just more double speak from Cadillac,like smaller is roomier and less cylinders are more desirable because of more power etc,etc,etc .

Sort of like the New York newspaper that recently proclaimed " the recent cold spell is a direct result of global warming" Yup its cold because its warm ! uh huh .

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Maybe Im the only one who misinterpreted the headline " Cadillac wont replace XTS after 2019"
To me that means the XTS will remain in production. A more accurate headline would have been,Cadillac will drop the XTS from its lineup in 2019 .

Somehow I was under the impression the CT6 was a larger car than the XTS. Now Im totally confused as to what model is the current "flagship " ?

Not a big deal,just more double speak from Cadillac,like smaller is roomier and less cylinders are more desirable because of more power etc,etc,etc .

Sort of like the New York newspaper that recently proclaimed " the recent cold spell is a direct result of global warming" Yup its cold because its warm ! uh huh .
Where is this Cadillac using double speak? You're reading an outside media group. Just because it's on an outside forum for people that like Cadillacs doesn't mean it's FROM Cadillac.

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
Where is this Cadillac using double speak? You're reading an outside media group. Just because it's on an outside forum for people that like Cadillacs doesn't mean it's FROM Cadillac.
The double speak I was refering to occured at a cadillac dealer when the saleman told me " The xts actually has more room than your DTS "
Since the car was a 6 cylinder I didnt bother to measure and prove him wrong,although a look at the back seat confirmed he was in error .
Its double speak to say smaller is bigger.
Not that it matters but I really feel badly for those good folks who are trying to sell cars that are not desirable to many Cadillac owners . This is especially true for the dealers who only sell Cadillac's, they are the best dealer's GM has IMO.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
The double speak I was refering to occured at a cadillac dealer when the saleman told me " The xts actually has more room than your DTS "
Since the car was a 6 cylinder I didnt bother to measure and prove him wrong,although a look at the back seat confirmed he was in error .
Not that it matters but I really feel badly for those good folks who are trying to sell cars that are not desirable to many Cadillac owners . This is especially true for the dealers who only sell Cadillac's, they are the best dealer's GM has IMO.
The XTS is definitely a lot narrower than the DTS. No doubt. I haven't seen the dimensions of the CT6, but what I could see from the pictures I am sure it has at least more interior room than the XTS.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
YOU are suffering from double speak. Obviously, that Cadillac dealer was lying. But then you said you felt bad for the lying dealer and how they are best.

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
YOU are suffering from double speak. Obviously, that Cadillac dealer was lying. But then you said you felt bad for the lying dealer and how they are best.
I was refering to exclusive cadillac dealers vs dealers that sell cherovrolet with cadillac as an after thought. It was one of those dealers who lied about the size .

You are correct I do feel bad for the great dealers who have no product to sell. I feel even worse for the absolute best 2 dealers that GM closed in 2009 . Yup I bought showroom cars from both of them.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,648 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts