Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Creature
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Design/Style, Cadillac, United States, Crossover, Diesel, Luxury
Cadillac boss Johan de Nysschen says that the company's compact luxury crossover is at least four years away from hitting the market. After better establishing itself in the US, he also wants Cadillac to start appealing to Europe with some diesel models.Continue reading Cadillac boss says small SUV 'at least four years away'
Cadillac boss says small SUV 'at least four years away' originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 24 Jan 2015 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Sedandeville
163 Posts
I seriously doubt Cadillac to do a high performance luxury compact SUV that would challenge a Macan!
I drove a Macan Turbo and it was so fast and held the road like you were in a 911!

It is more likely challenge Lincoln new compact SUV and possibly the Land Rover Evoque and similar SUVs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.
61 Posts
I really do not agree with his strategy of trying to chase and compete with all the other luxury vehicle sizes, especially the smaller ones.

I really thought Cad already had a entry level small car with the ATS and now there is talk of another small car, and the same thing with the small SUVS. Cad already has a small SUV and its too small, WTF why chase the small crap. Just try and add more capacity to the Escalade and large car platforms and you will be more successful on a profit basis. Who cares about the volume basis anymore.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I really do not agree with his strategy of trying to chase and compete with all the other luxury vehicle sizes, especially the smaller ones.

I really thought Cad already had a entry level small car with the ATS and now there is talk of another small car, and the same thing with the small SUVS. Cad already has a small SUV and its too small, WTF why chase the small crap. Just try and add more capacity to the Escalade and large car platforms and you will be more successful on a profit basis. Who cares about the volume basis anymore.
You mean large car platforms that often take a loss or slim profit in the industry?

----------

BTW, if you actually paid attention, you'd see Cadillac trying to up their number if vehicle platforms to encompass large and small platforms. But you don't. It's all what you see right now.

·
Registered
Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.
61 Posts
If you want to talk about it generically, that may be true for some other car makers. For Cadillac it seems they are the ones loosing money on small cars and making money on the large Escalade.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I hope it is a misinterpretation that the model below the ATS is going to be a sedan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts