Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Creature
2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Design/Style, 2015 New York Auto Show, Cadillac, United States, Sedan, Luxury, Performance
The Cadillac CT6 is finally making its official debut at the 2015 New York Auto Show as the flagship model in the luxury brand's lineup. The lightweight, aluminum-intensive sedan offers three engines, rear- or all-wheel drive and a host of opulent equipment inside to lure buyers.Continue reading 2016 Cadillac CT6 has arrived
2016 Cadillac CT6 has arrived originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

·
Registered
ats
26 Posts
Some live pictures

From the article:
Cadillac Extends the Top of its Range with CT6

Advanced technology creates a new formula for the prestige sedan

NEW YORK – Cadillac tonight held the world premiere of the 2016 CT6, elevating it to the top of its range and creating a new formula for the prestige sedan through the integration of new technologies developed to achieve dynamic performance, efficiency and agility previously unseen in large luxury cars.

CT6 marks Cadillac's long-awaited return to the global prestige luxury segment, and is one of eight all-new vehicles the brand will launch by the end of the decade as part of its $12-billion product investment to expand and elevate.

19 pictures and full press release

·
Registered
Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.
61 Posts
It is a very nice looking car and love the RWD. I think the Lincoln and the ELmirage stole some of its thunder but it is still very nice. I do look foreward to driving one.

I had to watch a couple videos of it, before I could appreciate the lines fully. Some cars just dont take pics well. It seems to be a more subtle luxury car more in line with the DTS than an S-class MB.

I sure hope the new Cadillac boss brings the Elmirage coupe and sedan to market.

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
Is the AWD standard?
"Active-on-demand all-wheel drive featuring a continuously variable clutch that infinitely varies power delivery to the front wheels – up to 959 lb-ft (1,300 Nm) – to make the most of handling and stability in all conditions"

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
In my humble opinion the Cadillac blew it again.
The CT6 looks like larger version of CTS.
They could have made it something special like Elmirage or Ciel.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
57 Posts
So before I nitpick, let me just say that all-in-all the car is gorgeous. It's low, lean, wide, and opposing looking. Very sleek. Now on to the gripes...

Can someone tell me what they did with the secret James Bond like compartment behind the faceplate? I absolutely love that feature on the current models. It appears they did away with it & I don't understand why.

No aluminum on the door lock pins? What gives? The ATS has aluminum door lock pins.

No suede material on the doors/dash...

I know they said this car will be a true competitor to the S-Class but I don't see it. Although I'm sure the interior is authentic, it simply doesn't look like it can compete/compare with the S-Class.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
I love how Cadillac combined the best available technology in the CT6. It is definitly ahead with weight, stiffness and driving dynamics. I drove rear wheel active steering in a Peugeot 407 coupe. You do notice the agility and stability. Combined with the MRC it must be so comfortable to drive! The 7-series offers good driving dynamics, but doesn't go all the way in interior luxury like S-class and A8. But S-class and A8 feel like a panzer to drive. The CT6 combines both (given that they will bring even more luxury to the rear interior)

Since the S-class looks just as similar to the smaller models and a lot more boring than any other in that segment I don't see any issue with the CT6 competing to 7-series, S-class and A8. The CT6 can still up the interior to go all the way.
The CT8 shall then compete with S-class Maybach and the sorts.

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
1) Improved C.U.E. system layout
2) Ventilated front seats.
3) Magic rearview mirror
4) Photo security system
5) Built-in front/rear dash cam
6) Night vision and pedestrian detection system
7) Apple CarPlay w/Siri Eyes Free and Android Auto
8) "Bank vault" levels of quietness inside the cabin
9) 34-speaker Panaray Bose sound system
10) All-Wheel Drive

As much as I dislike Cadillac these days over its near complete lack of support for the ELR and C.U.E., the CT6 is sure looking like something that could tempt me if Cadillac actually released it with a plug-in hybrid drivetrain with reasonable electric-only mileage. Of course, we're taking Cadillac's word that the sound system, interior silence, and other features will deliver as promised. Based on my experience with the ELR, it's quite possible Cadillac could fall short and miss expectations by overpromising...

If The Detroit Bureau is accurate, it's making me love the CT6 even more.

"the PHEV system set to officially debut at the Shanghai Motor Show later this month won’t be the anemic system found in Caddy’s compact current plug-in model, the compact ELR. It will deliver similar performance to the new twin-turbo V-6 being offered in the CT6... Despite the performance of the new plug-in, the Cadillac CT6 PHEV will likely get somewhere in the range of 45 mpg, according to several sources"

However, if Bloomberg is correct, then Cadillac has already lost me:

"That effort will include adding a plug-in hybrid option to some future models, said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. The cars will be able to drive using solely the electric motor, though they won’t have as much pure-electric range as a Chevrolet Volt, he said... GM has been engineering some future models so that the company can fit a battery and electric drive system into the cars as an option, said Mark Reuss, GM’s executive vice president of product development. With shorter electric-only range than a Volt, they require smaller, less expensive batteries."

The only concern I have from the Detroit Bureau article is this:

"The new plug-in version of the CT6 will initially be launched in China, but de Nysschen confirmed plans to bring the PHEV model to the U.S., as well, if for no other reason than to increase its economies of scale. Exactly what share of total CT6 production it is ultimately expected to account for he was not able to say."

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I love how Cadillac combined the best available technology in the CT6. It is definitly ahead with weight, stiffness and driving dynamics. I drove rear wheel active steering in a Peugeot 407 coupe. You do notice the agility and stability. Combined with the MRC it must be so comfortable to drive! The 7-series offers good driving dynamics, but doesn't go all the way in interior luxury like S-class and A8. But S-class and A8 feel like a panzer to drive. The CT6 combines both (given that they will bring even more luxury to the rear interior)

Since the S-class looks just as similar to the smaller models and a lot more boring than any other in that segment I don't see any issue with the CT6 competing to 7-series, S-class and A8. The CT6 can still up the interior to go all the way.
The CT8 shall then compete with S-class Maybach and the sorts.
When the CT8 comes, that will compete more directly with the S class, not Maybach. The CT6 right now will be an option for S class buyers but will eventually slot up as a premium option to E class/5 series/A6 buyers...

----------

Can't wait to try the extra CUE controls on the center console with touchpad capability...

·
Registered
CTS-V
1 Posts
This is so disappointing. What a letdown. I've been getting new Cadillac models every few years and was expecting great things from the CT6. This looks just like a revamp of the CTS, nothing indulgent or opulent as I expected. Guys, you really need to get your heads straight and come up with a game changer not a laggard. Looks like I'm trading in my CTS-V for an import. :(

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
This is so disappointing. What a letdown. I've been getting new Cadillac models every few years and was expecting great things from the CT6. This looks just like a revamp of the CTS, nothing indulgent or opulent as I expected. Guys, you really need to get your heads straight and come up with a game changer not a laggard. Looks like I'm trading in my CTS-V for an import. :(
Fine, see ya troll. You obviously haven't seen it in person, haven't examined that is trounces any car in two separate classes when it comes to chassis and suspension development. It has the tech to compete AND lead. And it will still undercut in price.

You have one post that is contrarian to what the automotive world has been.saying about this car. Ignorance...

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
well, I just went to the NY Auto show. I currently drive a Jaguar Supercharged XF so I really like the RWD sports coupe models. I got to sit in the new CTS-V and am pretty much sold on it for my next car. then maybe upgrade down the road to a CT6 Twin Turbo V-8. I just hope Caddy prices these cars right.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Fine, see ya troll. You obviously haven't seen it in person, haven't examined that is trounces any car in two separate classes when it comes to chassis and suspension development. It has the tech to compete AND lead. And it will still undercut in price.

You have one post that is contrarian to what the automotive world has been.saying about this car. Ignorance...
Dude, just objectively, your posts come off a lot more angry and aggressive than anyone else on this forum. Perhaps tone it down a bit so we can all enjoy discussing the topics, even people who disagree with you? You don't actually know everything, you're not always correct, and Cadillac does make big mistakes. I'm sure we can all discuss things objectively without you constantly yelling at people because you're offended by their opinion (or inconvenient facts). neu20035 has the right to not like the CT6, even though you may disagree with his assessment. Personally I think it's a nice car, but after having dealt with Cadillac trying to unsuccessfully resolve various problems with my ELR and C.U.E., it's not a company I'll probably ever purchase a vehicle from again. I should be able to post that without having to worry that thebigjimsho is going to get angry and crap all over my post.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Dude, just objectively, your posts come off a lot more angry and aggressive than anyone else on this forum. Perhaps tone it down a bit so we can all enjoy discussing the topics, even people who disagree with you? You don't actually know everything, you're not always correct, and Cadillac does make big mistakes. I'm sure we can all discuss things objectively without you constantly yelling at people because you're offended by their opinion (or inconvenient facts). neu20035 has the right to not like the CT6, even though you may disagree with his assessment. Personally I think it's a nice car, but after having dealt with Cadillac trying to unsuccessfully resolve various problems with my ELR and C.U.E., it's not a company I'll probably ever purchase a vehicle from again. I should be able to post that without having to worry that thebigjimsho is going to get angry and crap all over my post.
First off, the amount of misinformation being spewed on the CT6 when it's so easy to find the proper info is annoying. Second, this guy has no other posts. Third, he hasn't seen it and obviously has no clue about it, yet proclaiming it a failure.

I can deal with opinions that stink all day long. What I would like are for those opinions to be based on some sort of actual information. Not things gummed up in the back of their minds regurgitated to uncontrolled lips/thumbs...

·
Registered
643 Posts
First off, the amount of misinformation being spewed on the CT6 when it's so easy to find the proper info is annoying. Second, this guy has no other posts. Third, he hasn't seen it and obviously has no clue about it, yet proclaiming it a failure.

I can deal with opinions that stink all day long. What I would like are for those opinions to be based on some sort of actual information. Not things gummed up in the back of their minds regurgitated to uncontrolled lips/thumbs...
Fair enough. I think we both could be a little more measured in our responses, though :)

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
When the CT8 comes, that will compete more directly with the S class, not Maybach. The CT6 right now will be an option for S class buyers but will eventually slot up as a premium option to E class/5 series/A6 buyers...
I fail to see how the CTS is not directly competing to the E-class and I fail to see how the CT6 is not competing directly to the S-class. The S-class is not that great. I see them here all the time in basic load with a 6-cil diesel. Nothing special. No high tech suspension. No high-tech chassis. But the S-class goes all the way to the top in interior luxury. Which is not impossible to do for the CT6 either. The newest technology the S-class brings is this laser sensor to read to road ahead. Which I think from engineering point of view has a flaw as rain, dust, snow, leafs, etc can obscure the system. And only the stretched S-class has more interioir room than the CT6 so even sizewise the CT6 competes directly to the S-class. It competes to the A8 and 7-series here too.

Why do you put the S-class on a pedestal?

----------

You are right about that troll. But you do indeed come accross a little aggressive in your responses lately. I hope you come to see we are not against you. :highfive:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I feel that most of the people poo-pooing this car just don't know anything about it. They may have heard something and are running with false info. And it seems like they're coming out of the woodwork with this guessing...

I'm not putting the S class on a pedestal. I'm just saying that I think the contradicting thoughts from Cadillac as to whether this is a flagship points to a potential product evolution to come.

The CTS is pitted against the 5 series/E, etc. But it's not really roomy enough inside to compare. The exterior is. But interior-wise, it's the same as the previous gens of the CTS. Meanwhile, the A6/5/E have grown, as has each brand's small sedans. For those looking for that medium premium sedan, the CTS will fall short on room.

The CTS is simply a stretched Alpha. But not widened. And Cadillac is saying the CT2 and CT4 will not be direct successors to the ATS and CTS. So I'm thinking the CTS may be tweaked a little and called the CT4...to go against the A4/3/C. And then the CT2(ATS) tweaked to be a little smaller to go against the sub German brands.

What this leaves you with are Cadillacs that are leaders in each segment in size, yet have the svelte weight and supreme driving dynamics Cadillac is breeding into all their vehicles.

Cars that are big, but fast and fun to drive? Wouldn't that be the perfect interpretation of past Cadillac to future models?

The CT8 can be HUGE but still be 4,000lbs? Could be amazing...

----------

Cadillac has been coy as to whether the CT6 is going up against the S class. I think it is now, but Cadillac keeps comparing the weight to the lesser sedans. I think the CT6 will eventually be meant to go against the lesser sedans while the CT8 goes against the big ones as THE true flagship...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts