Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I started getting inaccurate tire pressure readings on my mobile app. The readings were way off from what was being displayed from the car. I made several calls to OnStar Mobile App techs, but was unable to get the issue resolved.

The final issue that sent me over the edged was when the mobile app no longer updated the tire pressure. This prompted a call to the service manager who advised me once again to contact OnStar and to make certain that they fully understood what was going on and to also make certain that what they could see on their end matched up with what was being displayed in the car.

Once again I was asked to uninstall and reinstall the app while the tech performed some corrective measures on his end. After which the mobile app displayed the correct tire pressure as it should. The tech assured me that he had done somethings on his end that the previous techs might not have done and that I should not have any further problems so it is just a wait and see.

I hope this post might help someone who is are may find themselves experiencing the same.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,765 Posts
I was/am experiencing that on GMC. It wouldn’t display TPM on the app but I figured it was because I don’t drive it much. So I pulled the app up next time I drove the truck and the TPM display came back but the pressures were off by about 3 psi compared to what the dash said. But I just left it at that so far.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium FWD 2020 CT5 Prem Lux 3.0tt
612 Posts
Don’t forget to pull down the vehicle status screen whenever you look at it. This will refresh it with the most current data.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had a mobile app in my cars for years and have never experienced the issue I was faced with. No amount of refreshing or uninstalling and reinstalling the app corrected the issue. As I stated it took several calls to OnStar to get the issue resolved and right now even that is just a wait and see.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is an update: The app has malfunction again. I just contacted OnStar and they have turn the issue over to their engineers:eek:

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,765 Posts
Probably an unintended quirky glitch with a software update for the app.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably an unintended quirky glitch with a software update for the app.
You are probably right, but it seems to be a lot of quirky glitches with or without a software update with this CUE. It is in the hands of the OnStar engineers. It is no big deal as the TPMS in the car works just fine, but I am getting a little tired of paying for things that do not work properly.

If OnStar is unable to resolve the issue then this might be an end to all or a part of my subscription with OnStar until they get this issue resolved. I have owned several cars that featured the mobile app. This is the first one that I have ever encounter a problem with.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,719 Posts
You are probably right, but it seems to be a lot of quirky glitches with or without a software update with this CUE. It is in the hands of the OnStar engineers. It is no big deal as the TPMS in the car works just fine, but I am getting a little tired of paying for things that do not work properly.

If OnStar is unable to resolve the issue then this might be an end to all or a part of my subscription with OnStar until they get this issue resolved. I have owned several cars that featured the mobile app. This is the first one that I have ever encounter a problem with.
Since CUE is giving you a correct tire pressure read, it doesn't seem to be an issue with CUE, but an issue with OnStar. It will be interesting to see what OnStar comes up with. When I had the OnStar app, it read the pressure correctly (I dropped it because I don't pay for internet access on my Android since I don't have a need for it).

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since CUE is giving you a correct tire pressure read, it doesn't seem to be an issue with CUE, but an issue with OnStar. It will be interesting to see what OnStar comes up with. When I had the OnStar app, it read the pressure correctly (I dropped it because I don't pay for internet access on my Android since I don't have a need for it).
You are correct but there have been some questions as to the inter actions between the CUE and OnStar.

I do not know what OnStar did or what they are doing but the mobile app TPMS reading is responding perfectly this morning. The readings are accurate and it is updating as it should.

The mobile app is a nice feature. It is so much easier to put your destination into the mobile app and send it to your car when needed it.

Depending on your needs the auto start can also be a nice feature.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,719 Posts
You are correct but there have been some questions as to the inter actions between the CUE and OnStar.

I do not know what OnStar did or what they are doing but the mobile app TPMS reading is responding perfectly this morning. The readings are accurate and it is updating as it should.

The mobile app is a nice feature. It is so much easier to put your destination into the mobile app and send it to your car when needed it.

Depending on your needs the auto start can also be a nice feature.
That's good it's working. I rarely need directions (since I don't go anywhere these days that I don't already know how to get to, lol), and auto start was more complicated than just using my FOB. My FOB will start the car when it is two blocks away....maybe further but I've not had occasion to test it out...again because I don't have an entertainment life since covid, and just stay at home except for shopping and the occasional trip for other stuff.

Hey, I've heard that England looks like it's going to have a great covid vaccine ready in Dec/20 some time...I hope it turns out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts