Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Does anyone know of a reputable mechanic to work on a 2001 Catera? I live near the Annapolis area in Maryland and my husband and I are willing to drive an hour or two away to find someone. The dealership is cleaning out my wallet and now they want to break down the engine for a problem they aren't even sure exists. My oil pressure warning light comes on at times when I am idling. It's not consistent and the gauge reads low but not in the red. The oil pump checks out fine and there's no major leaks. So, we know there's a problem, but the car seems to be running fine and I'm not willing to spend several grand on a maybe (as in - we break down this engine and "maybe" find something). I don't know much about cars, so I'd appreciate some help. I love this car and don't want to be forced to get rid of it or deal with a bigger problem later. Wait - is there a bigger problem than breaking down and replacing an engine?!?!? Anyway, we want a second opinion from another mechanic. Thanks for any info anyone can give us.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts