Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a kit that you can buy for the 2015 escalade that when you open the doors the vehicle projects the new cadillac logo on the ground? I see the new Mercedes projects from the side view mirrors

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Premium
516 Posts
Mercedes OEM is typically mounted on door exit lights, on door panel bottom areas...or in the mirror puddle lamps depending on MB model. I've seen under-door sill ones as well but I think they were an aftermarket version. You can buy aftermarket or OEM to add post-factory. Just unhook current light fixture and install new fixture. About $200 for OEM ones on my W212. I'm not a fan personally, think it's cheesy. But to each their own. On eBay you can find ones to add to virtually any vehicle, using any logo (including your own designs, Batman, whatever).

I'd get this one on my Torino Cobra Jet. cobra.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, it took me a little while to find these , but here is what everyone has been looking for , genuine OEM part # 84388982
Use your search engine and they will pop right up !
Cheers !

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
They go on the puddle lights underneath the side mirrors. Here’s a pic of the GMC logo puddles.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
Thank you , are they plug n play?
It depends on which method you go with. And for the record, I do not have these on my Escalade - Im only familiar with these from other forum installs.

So there are three different models you can buy depending on what’s available for your make/model. The first one are puddle replacement bulbs/lenses. You simply pull out the old bulb and lens and plug in the projection setup - simple plug and play.

The next option is to purchase a GOBO style projector that you install in your side mirrors. This option requires a lot of work. The setup I saw was on a F-150 and the installer had to remove the mirrors from the truck which was a lot of work in itself.

The third and easiest option, is to install a battery operated wireless standalone door projectors. They’re small little units that you stick to your interior door panels, and when you open the door, they project your cars logo. These are not only the easiest to install, but typically the cheapest. Here’s a link for reference. Wireless NoDrill Auto Car Truck Door Projector LED Logo Lights - Mr. Kustom Auto Accessories and Customizing

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
And where do you buy them?
A good source for these are on eBay. But do a Google search for “Cadillac Puddle Projection” or “Cadillac GOBO Projection” and you’ll get a ton of hits.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV Platinum
285 Posts
These appear to be for the just released new gen (2021) Escalade. Do we even know they will fit/work on 2015 - 2020 Escalade models?

For clarification, I'm talking about the ones user 2020Platinum mentioned in the 3rd post in this thread which are found on eBay.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
What Jodiesel said. Based on what I'm reading, these will fit on 2015 to 2021 model years with puddles.

·
Registered
2017 Platinum
14 Posts
I ordered them on ebay. My mirrors have the cameras but looking at the parts pages, the puddle lights are the same part number. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
129 Posts
Can you share the link for the ones you bought? You installed on the mirror lights correct?

·
Registered
2017 Platinum
14 Posts
Can you share the link for the ones you bought? You installed on the mirror lights correct?
Yes, these are the puddle lights that are underneath the outside mirrors. The part # is
The ebay auction that I purchased from sold all they had. Just search the number. The add said they are only for the 2021, however they are identical to the units I pulled out of my 2017.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts