Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the first time in a long time I had to take one of my Escalades in for service, happened to be my brand new to me 2016 CPO I just bought that suffered a catastrophic failure on the highway that is at LEAST a failed lifter, could be a lot more. I've put 120 miles on it since buying it. They've had the car since Monday and they're still taking it apart to diagnose.

So I was going to be without it for at least a week, likely 2. My dealership which is the only Cadillac dealership in the area that I could safely take it to (other was almost an hour away) told me they didn't have a loaner for me (13 reservations to 8 cars), and I guess last year Cadillac stopped paying for Enterprise rentals in the event they were out of loaners... So if they're out of loaners at the dealership you're pretty much SOL.

Ultimately the dealer made a huge accommodation for me and gave me something off of their lot for the duration (to their credit I didn't fight for this, my service adviser made it happen). But I'm kind of putting two and two together here between my prior post about Cadillac falsely advertising free Android Auto updates for 2016s while they surreptitiously slipped the dealers a note that they wouldn't be paying for it anymore and this, I'm honestly wondering if Cadillac is backing off of their commitment to gold standard service they were always known for. Just seems like not the same brand I that earned my loyalty from the first time I bought an Escalade in 2012 and then bought several more... BMW, Mercedes, NONE of the premier luxury brands would ever let their customer go over a week without a car especially when they just bought it be it CPO or new. I get it if I'm coming in for an oil change, a loaner might not be available. But no standing policy to make sure your customers are guaranteed to be taken care of in the event of a major problem? Honestly, strike 2 right now on whether or not my next vehicle is a Cadillac...

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,765 Posts
No no no. Cadillac did the right thing by dropping Enterprise rentals. That was a disaster dealing with them. Now loaners are all easily handled in house and which is way faster, and easier to manage customer satisfaction within the dealership then handing it off to some other company who does not really care.
But all the loaners are now Cadillacs and there is a limited number per dealer. 90% of the time it’s not an issue. The customer either gets a loaner or is offered something off the used car lot. Or maybe the customer has another vehicle in their garage they are ok with driving. Nobody really goes without a vehicle.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So granted it's been since early 2017 that I even needed service as my vehicles have been running top notch (I do my own oil changes, and tires I do through a local chain that has incredible service) but there was always the preference for them to provide a Cadillac loaner, but at least if they ran out of loaners there was a fall back. I never had to do a loaner through Enterprise but knew the option was always there so felt confident that I'd always be able to have a vehicle. A huge part of the reason to get work done at your own dealership is service level which I believe loaners to be a part of that. If I just want to drop it off and get an Uber back and figure something out I can go to any shop for that and honestly pay less. I have other vehicles but it happens to be that this month they're all being used by either employees for projects or family for varying purposes so I REALLY needed a vehicle.

My dealer was pretty clear with me, they made a huge exception in this case, I likely can't expect this in the future. I was told that they usually have their loaners fully booked a week out. So if I have any actual problems where I need to bring it in same day I can expect to be without a car. That sucks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why it's such a bid deal letting you drive one of the used cars???
I didn't think it would be either, but apparently that's the case. I'm kind of curious what others' experiences have been

·
Registered
16 Esv Platinum
141 Posts
i just bought a cpo 16 as well, had the torque shutter adressed within 7 days of my purchase.. Should have been fixed prior imo if someone actually checked and certified anything on it... I encountered the "no loaners available" scenario as well. For a day and a half we can get by with our quattroporte, but families these days have 2 cars because they need both of them operational.. In my case the cadillac dealership wouldn't be my first choice for service. I know if i could take it to the local Chevrolet/Buick dealer that I would have been taken care of no questions asked.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
143 Posts
4 service visits and I've yet to get a Caddy loaner. It's always over to the Enterprise counter where I pay for the rental. BIG difference from my previous experience with Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus.

·
Registered
2017 Premium
43 Posts
Not a problem at my Caddilac dealer. I just had a My 18 Escalade to drive for a week while they tried to find an issue with my Escalade. This is not a big dealership either. The downside is they could not replicate the no start problem.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4 service visits and I've yet to get a Caddy loaner. It's always over to the Enterprise counter where I pay for the rental. BIG difference from my previous experience with Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus.
Wow that's disappointing! My wife has an Infiniti G37 convertible, and she has always been given a loaner even on minor services- if they don't have an official "loaner" she gets something from the lot. She's always liked the QX80, I'd hate to downsize on our next SUV but the next one is likely going to be the kid vehicle so can't take the risk of not having a car if it goes out. BMW also has their X7 now, and I now very well that their service is top notch and loaners are guaranteed. Amazing the short sighted things companies do that cost them business! The luxury full sized SUV field is going to start getting crowded in the next couple years (hello Navigator!) hopefully Cadillac wakes up and realizes this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
when i took a corvette in for warranty work at the cadillac Chevrolet dealer. They had enterprise. tons of paper work, didnt have a good feeling about it.
like i was just a rental customer, not part of the corvette owner loyalty. Always felt from my past vettes they should have been part of cadillac or a stand
alone. Your paying cadillac prices and dealing with chevrolet malibu's and dually's. At least my dealership was part cadillac.

So when called was done drove the enterprise silverado back, gave the keys to my advisor took my car home. A couple of weeks later get a call from
enterprise that wanted over 500 dollars in rental. Said never brought the truck back. Told them bullshit sure did. Well the guy never informed enterprise
that the truck was sitting next to the entrance. So can see where they would quit it since the right hand does not know what left is doing. Your adivisor may get
busy with hundreds of other cars, forget to deal with enterprise and all get twisted up and bad feelings... Bmw is great, lexus is even better. So cadillac
better not drop the ball in this department

Why back a cadillac, not because of perks or cookies. They are 2 miles from the house, they take me home, pick you up. I have another vehicle so
a loaner is not a big deal. Be nice if do. Now if a one car person, see people going, will shop other brands that offer better customer service.
Yes BMW and Lexus had a loaner waiting and ready for me, but the dealers were over an hour away.

·
Registered
None
409 Posts
Wow...I have never had an issue with getting a loaner from my Cadillac dealership. They provide their own loaners, not going through Enterprise. You can ask for a loaner with just getting an oil change. That being said, if you wanted an Escalade loaner, then you will have to call in advance and make a reservation. If you do a drop in, they give you a XT5 or the sedan as a loaner. That is unacceptable to have your car in service for a couple of days without any kind of loaner being available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Sewell dealerships are awesome in Texas. Always have a loaner, complimentary unlimited car washes, complimentary valet parking at many different shopping/entertainment venues and to top it all off outstanding customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
We bought a 2016 CPO in November (but didn't actually get it until December -- they were replacing things to make it certified), and we were given a loaner for 2 of the 3 weeks. First, we had a 2018 Infiniti QX80. They sold that, so they picked it up and dropped off a 2016 Yukon Denali XL. No Cadillac loaners, but the loaners they provided suited our purposes just fine.

·
Registered
None
409 Posts
The Sewell dealerships are awesome in Texas. Always have a loaner, complimentary unlimited car washes, complimentary valet parking at many different shopping/entertainment venues and to top it all off outstanding customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I love Sewell!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow that's disappointing! My wife has an Infiniti G37 convertible, and she has always been given a loaner even on minor services- if they don't have an official "loaner" she gets something from the lot. She's always liked the QX80, I'd hate to downsize on our next SUV but the next one is likely going to be the kid vehicle so can't take the risk of not having a car if it goes out. BMW also has their X7 now, and I now very well that their service is top notch and loaners are guaranteed. Amazing the short sighted things companies do that cost them business! The luxury full sized SUV field is going to start getting crowded in the next couple years (hello Navigator!) hopefully Cadillac wakes up and realizes this.
We just drove a new QX80- like the new exterior look. But the interior is the same and everything else is the same from 2011. Can't wait to see the new X7 too.

This thread shows the wide disparity in approaches at Cadillac dealers. That's not good and if there are options- people will take their $$$ elsewhere.

·
Registered
16 Esv Platinum
141 Posts
if i was in tx i'd buy from sewell, they have killer pricing too. I usually watch prices for a while before pulling the trigger and i've seen a couple smoking deals theyve had

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The loaner problem really seems more like a dealership level problem then blaming Cadillac. Although it sounds like Cadillac could help provide the dealerships with a larger loaner fleet in some cases.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The loaner problem really seems more like a dealership level problem then blaming Cadillac. Although it sounds like Cadillac could help provide the dealerships with a larger loaner fleet in some cases.
It's a Cadillac problem b/c they're not setting the expectation for their dealers through the dealership/franchisee agreements. I'm sure some of the problem lies in the fact many Cadillac dealers are shared with Buick, GMC, Chevy, etc. I know I pull right up next to GMC Canyons.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Based on the stories here, some dealers are clearly capable of handling loaners and some are not. So maybe Cadillac needs to focus on the dealers who can’t handle that with some additional staff training and enforcement of whatever policies or expectations they have for their dealership service department experiences.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts