Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 coupe deville, 96 eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am Bob and have never been on a forum before, so please forgive me....I just hope this gets through....I have had older cadillacs throughout my life....MY QUESTION IS: Can someone out there please give me some suggestions on how to restore the leather seats that are dryed out....I have recently acquired a 96 eldorado with leather seats that are still not torn.....but they are cracked severely....I would like to know how to restore the seats before it is too late.....what do I put on there and in what order.....1 product or multiple products.....any suggestions on how to do this and what to used would be very helpful and appreciated......thank you.....Bob

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Welcome Bob. This is something I'd like to learn too. My driver's seat has the deep 'cracks' but not torn. I was resigned to looking into recovering them. I have been using Lexol conditioner but it doesn't do anything for the cracks

·
Registered
90 coupe deville, 96 eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LEATHER SEATS-96 Eldorado

Hello,

If anyone can give me advice, products, procedure (and order) of how to restore leather seats that are cracked but not torn so that I can save them, I would appreciate it very much....I am new here, almost 65 and hope I am putting this question in the proper location????....any help or suggestions also on best products to use would be helpful.....thank you....Bob

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
Re: LEATHER SEATS-96 Eldorado

Hello,

If anyone can give me advice, products, procedure (and order) of how to restore leather seats that are cracked but not torn so that I can save them, I would appreciate it very much....I am new here, almost 65 and hope I am putting this question in the proper location????....any help or suggestions also on best products to use would be helpful.....thank you....Bob
=======================
modern leather car seats actually have a plastic coating -
so NOTHING you put on the surface will ever get into the leather -

you can re-dye the leather -
and it will look great - for a little while -

here is an EXCELLENT thread on the topic - with pics -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips-how-fix/162477-diy-freshen-up-leather-seats-20-a.html

and here is the SEM web site -
http://www.semproducts.com/products

the ONLY real cure is to reupholster the seats - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts