Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
LS6 V
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed the emblem on the front grill was cracked. :mad:
Anyone have a part number for it? Also, is it easy to replace? Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Platinum CTS-V
446 Posts
I can't remember the part number... but be careful, the CTS emblem IS different than the CTS-V emblem. As for "ease of install", piece of cake, its just double stick tape.

For what it's worth.. I ordered the CTS emblem not knowing there was a difference... but, no one but me would ever really notice... they are practically the same, just a slight difference you can see when you hold them up to each other... but knowing there is a difference, just get the "right" one...

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
It looks like its soldered on. Mine has had a crack almost since the first day, that's whats kept me from replacing it.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Mine's been cracked for some time, now. Somebody else had the same problem (though I don't recall who it was). Mine looks like it took a stone, but now I wonder. Why are so many of these showing up with cracks? Can't believe stones all have that good of aim.

BTW, for a while last winter, there was a guy on eBay selling one. He wanted fifty smackers ... too much IMO. Haven't seen him since then, so he must've sold it.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Mine's been cracked for some time, now. Somebody else had the same problem (though I don't recall who it was).
That would be me :) Mine's not real noticable so I haven't bothered fixing it. I only notice it when I'm looking for it or when I wash the car.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I'll take one luke, Have you shipped the brake lines and the tranny tail housing yet? If not can you please ship them together.

Do you look at every thread Luke?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Hey Luke,

Are they adhesive? I'll be powdercoating my mesh grilles black soon. I might replace mine too since it's also cracked.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Luke, I'd like to get in on that. I'll give you a call either tomorrow or early next week. :thumbsup:

... I'll be powdercoating my mesh grilles black soon. ...
Whoa, Jon! You gotta post some pics of that!

(Like I need to tell Jon to post pics. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Luke, I'd like to get in on that. I'll give you a call either tomorrow or early next week. :thumbsup:

Whoa, Jon! You gotta post some pics of that!

(Like I need to tell Jon to post pics. :rolleyes:)
LOL.

Way ahead of you, I already photoshopped it ;)

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
they changed the auction listing:
It has been brought to my attention that the V versions of the the CTS-V grille emblems are not the same as the standard CTS and STS. The CTS emblem will not fit the CTS-V and vise versa. I now have the correct emblem for the V. This listing is for one or the other. Please specify which you require when paying for the item. Thanks

The following picture is of the CTS-V emblem. It is slightly larger the the standard CTS.

·
Registered
2004 Platinum CTS-V
446 Posts
It looks like its soldered on.
It's plastic... :bigroll:

It is applied with sticky tape...

And you CAN put the CTS emblem on the CTS-V (I should know, I did it) and it's not any more "difficult" to put it on... it's just a hair smaller... you would ONLY notice if you held a OEM V crest up to the OEM CTS crest... but on the car, you'll never know the diff...

But armed with the knowledge... get the V and do it right...

I know I paid around $28 to my door... so, Luke's price is right up the alley... wouldn't even look around if you need one... Luke's the one to buy it from!:thumbsup:

I'll post pics of the two emb'z side by side tomorrow for all you non-believers! :thepan:

All of them
1,795 Posts
I'll take one luke, Have you shipped the brake lines and the tranny tail housing yet? If not can you please ship them together.

Do you look at every thread Luke?
Not yet Rob, I will include with your stuff. It will be shipping next week. I should have the brake lines tuesday. I dont look at every thread just the ones where I see potential $$$$$$$ :thumbsup:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Jon-

If black grills looked as good as your Photoshop, I would be all over it. Unfortunately, in person you can see all the crap behind the grill. The stock bright finish has a way of making your eye focus on it, but with the black your brain goes right for the radiator, PS cooler, etc...

I've seen a couple in person and didn't like it, but to each their own.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
ALTHOUGH, Tony, if i had a nice polished intercooler behind the grill, i'd be all over a black grill...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts