Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tell me how you did it! Was your pinstripes painted on to the clear and was it buffed out removed?

Looks 10x better :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,431 Posts
I dunnow.........Went back through several years of pics of my Crimson Pearl STS........without the buff/cream stripes it would look sort of monotonous and "slab-sided". Without the accent the car looks shorter (in length) and fatter.

·
Registered
2001 SLS, 1997 STS, 71 Eldo
76 Posts
Looking to take the strips off my Black Seville, they seem to peel off if you pick at them, but interested to know how you took yours off

Thanks

·
Registered
1994 sts
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a rubber eraser wheel ($25 at Advance) and a DeWalt 18v drill and did it in about 20 minutes. I might get another put on, but the original was all falling off and what not so it needed to go either way.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,755 Posts
Car looks good both ways. 3M eraser wheels are the best!

I am firmly anti-pinstripe EXCEPT for our 01 SLS. This is the only car I have put them on in nearly 20 years. It is a Cashmere car with black subtle pinstripes on the sides only (not rear). No fancy ends, just pulled together to for a nice "V". No idea why, maybe as submariner indicated, it elongates the car to a more pleasing perspective. However, as stated, yours looks great either way. Then again, yours has different dimensions than mine too. Leave them off for a while and see how you feel about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts