363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac nets two, count 'em two, All-Star awards
Only domestc auto maker to receive distinction

January 2, 2004:

The Cadillac CTS-V sport sedan and Cadillac SRX mid-size
sport/utility vehicle were honored with Automobile
Magazine's prestigious All-Star distinction in the
February 2004 issue in their respective market segments.
Cadillac was the only U.S. auto manufacturer to receive
an All-Star award, and one of three manufacturers to
take-home two awards. Honda and BMW each received two
awards for their Odyssey and Element and 3-series and M3
respectively.

Automobile comments on the selection as the crowning
achievement of a spectacular comeback year for Cadillac,
with the division poised to regain its industry-leading
status within the coming months.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Excellent.

It's nice to see an american automaker on the rise again. Just imagine if Caddy can keep the pace they have started. There are going to be some amazing things come about in the next few years...

·
Registered
543 Posts
rueben44 said:
Cadillac nets two, count 'em two, All-Star awards
Only domestc auto maker to receive distinction

January 2, 2004:

The Cadillac CTS-V sport sedan and Cadillac SRX mid-size
sport/utility vehicle were honored with Automobile
Magazine's prestigious All-Star distinction in the
February 2004 issue in their respective market segments.
Cadillac was the only U.S. auto manufacturer to receive
an All-Star award, and one of three manufacturers to
take-home two awards. Honda and BMW each received two
awards for their Odyssey and Element and 3-series and M3
respectively.

Automobile comments on the selection as the crowning
achievement of a spectacular comeback year for Cadillac,
with the division poised to regain its industry-leading
status within the coming months.

Great accomplishment!!!

<Reaching for antiTroll rocket launcher>

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
darrelld said:
Great accomplishment!!!

<Reaching for antiTroll rocket launcher>
Ugh, put it back in your pocket, as if thats not the very definition... ;)

I for one am glad to see that Cadillac is receiving some recognition for THESE two vehicles,and particularly the CTS,which is a push of the typical Cadillac envelope. My only hope is that after the STS, which we all know (for better or worse) will be a stretched version of what is an excellent sporting sedan right now, Cadillac will blend some more styling cues in the bag of vehicles to peak interest to the ultimate level. Im glad ive got an E46 330i because I think the "bangle-ing" of BMW is an absolute DISASTER (oh whats that...a BMW bash...yep). All of the bimmers are gonna look IDENTICAL and disappointingly MAINSTREAM once the new E90 comes out and will basically be a baby 5 series. This is one area where Cadillac can really steal a page and stand out, and weve already seen the drawing boards so they have no reason not to floor us with some incredible designs in the near future. Congratulations, and hopefully a steady flow of awards, AND increasing quality and service will raise the bar for Cadillac.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
Ugh, put it back in your pocket, as if thats not the very definition... ;)

I for one am glad to see that Cadillac is receiving some recognition for THESE two vehicles,and particularly the CTS. My only hope is that after the STS, which we all know will be a stretched version of what is an excellent sporting sedan right now, Cadillac will blend some more styling cues in the bag of vehicles to peak interest to the ultimate level. Im glad ive got an E46 330i because I think the "bangle-ing" of BMW is an absolute DISASTER (oh whats that...a BMW bash...yep). All of the bimmers are gonna look IDENTICAL once the new E90 comes out and will basically be a baby 5 series. This is one area where Cadillac can really stand out, and weve already seen the drawing boards so they have no reason not to floor us with some incredible designs in the near future. Congratulations, and hopefully a steady flow of awards,AND increasing quality and service will raise the bar for Cadillac.
<lining up laser range finder to center target of twisted cross>

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Pretty soon the car mags won't be able to ignore Caddy's comeback.

<--------- still mad that the CTS-V wasn't chosen Car of The Year, Automobile Of The Year, or placed on the 10 Best list.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
Pretty soon the car mags won't be able to ignore Caddy's comeback.

<--------- still mad that the CTS-V wasn't chosen Car of The Year, Automobile Of The Year, or placed on the 10 Best list.
I think most of those mags havent gotten real behing the wheel time yet, and with a questionable at best delivery time they had to give it to other cars that were out on the roads....im sure when it does come out the mags will all start salivating

·
Registered
543 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I think most of those mags havent gotten real behing the wheel time yet, and with a questionable at best delivery time they had to give it to other cars that were out on the roads....im sure when it does come out the mags will all start salivating
I am still amazed that C&D gave the Infiniti G35 one of its Ten Best. I considered this car but I could not get past how cheap the interior is. Spray painted looking plastic dash, poor quality leather, and the worst power seat adjustment location in the world.

Did anyone else try a G35?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I testdrove one when the sedans first came out. I didn't like the look or interior. Real nice driving feel though...

The new coupe looks nicer in that bodystyle IMO. I understand them choosing it for the 10 Best. I don't understand them ommiting both the CTS-V and XLR. Both of which are better choices than some of what's on the list...

I still prefer my CTS over the G35 though. The CTS may be a bit too 'love it or hate it' to ever end up on the list though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
gothicaleigh