Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· 2012 CTS coupe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have contacts with Cadillac/GM executive customer care or perhaps work at a Cadillac/GM facility in management and can get my complaint to the right person? Every executive I have spoken with in the executive Cadillac offices has dismissed my complaint with “your vehicle isn’t under warranty so we shouldn’t pay to fix it”. Nobody will actually listen. At this point, I feel as if they are trained to not assist in resolving your problems. Customer satisfaction is non-existent. I sent a four page letter via certified mail to Mary Barra yesterday. If anyone has contacts, please advise.

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,949 Posts
What are you having trouble with on a 9 year old car that is way out of warranty?

Cadillac Forums has many members who can offer sound advice on repair and maintenance. Please post your problem(s).

Cadillac Customer Care will chime in shortly and ask you to send an e-mail so they can then send you back to the dealership....................

· Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
806 Posts
What are you having trouble with on a 9 year old car that is way out of warranty?

Cadillac Forums has many members who can offer sound advice on repair and maintenance. Please post your problem(s).

Cadillac Customer Care will chime in shortly and ask you to send an e-mail so they can then send you back to the dealership....................
There should still be interest in maintaining the brand image. He may want to buy a new car someday. They should want his repair business even more in the meantime.

And I think most of the anti-Barra sentiment on the internet is because she is a woman. Much like the Miami fans who said Donna Shalala was anti football even though she was the president the past two times we won the championship.

Women can move papers around just as well as men, and that's all a CEO does.

· 2012 CTS coupe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Long of the short is I broke down in the middle of the highway. Easily could have been killed. Vehicle towed to dealer. Dealer charged me nearly $7K for repair. Transmission output shaft stripped on the transfer case. Reason this happened is because the O-Ring/Seal was missing. So when the vehicle was manufactured, it was never put on which resulted in a lot of rust and corrosion over the years eventually giving out. Was originally quoted $5,500 worst case scenario by dealer. Once they found the problem, I was quoted $7K which included a “discount”. That’s very unethical and also illegal to a extent. Dealer is uselesss. Cadillac executive offices are useless. Nobody genuinely wants to help. I don’t think anyone cares at this point. They just screwed me over.

Also note the vehicle only has 60K miles on it. This repair should have never been required on a vehicle with such low mileage. GM should take responsibility for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.