Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,659 Posts
It's not just the ELR . . . . Cadillac's recent poor sales are a reflection of their Dare to increase pricing Greatly marketing campaign.

CCC

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
The only vehicle Cadillac can ask astronomical prices for is their "profit wagon" Escalade. They can't keep enough of them on dealership lots!

I would never buy any luxury vehicle new, they all tank in value faster than I can fathom.

My husband and I bought two used 2013 Platinum Escalades in 2014 and saved at least $35k off MSRP of each of them.

Cadillac needs to come down to reality and bring pricing in line with perceived value until the brand image improves and customers value Cadillacs the same as they do the competition. Right now they have nailed the style, but they still have to do a much better job with quality, customer service, after sales service etc. before they can charge the prices they are asking. They will never convince skeptical buyers to try a Cadillac instead of the competition unless the price is right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sorry, I will probably get flamed for this...

My wife runs R and D for a specialty chemical manufacturer and asserts her belief that all new technology has a pricing problem. But at the same time she feels that without early adopters regardless of price new
and important technology advances could get passed by to the detriment of society. So in essence, she felt obligated to move to the ELR to support a new direction with great promise. She also opts for style
and beauty when possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts